Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angie, Sorry that happened to your sister. I hope she gets her money back. And hope she gets a real Kit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for posting this info. I really feel sorry for your sister and the bidders who are bidding on the new auction.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MOM to JILLIAN:
    Thanks for posting this info. I really feel sorry for your sister and the bidders who are bidding on the new auction.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Unless those bidders are aware that she is not authentic and want a clone Kit..
    Angie

MissCurlyCat

I want a clone Kit doll!!!

BUT NOT AT THAT PRICE!! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

GreyMyst

Originally posted by GillyGals:
    VIA PERMISSION FROM JUDI, I AM POSTING THE SELLERS EBAY ID...
    IT IS...

HONODEM

He is knowingly selling these dolls in TX... must be a back alley factory in Mexico pumping these dolls out now..
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The clones were ALWAYS being sold in Mexico. When I saw them a couple years ago they were the same ugly Chinese clones but several Mexican street vendors had managed to get them and were selling them in the border towns (Tijuana, Juarez etc). I wasn't really into AG then so I didn't look at them really close or ask the vendors about them.

With the resurgance of clones, I would not be surprised at all if they moved the production of the clones into Mexico or Guatemala to lower costs and avoid shipping via air or sea, like they have to do from China. (which US Customs inspects better...)

The Primary "market" for these things are people who know they are fakes and don't care they are fakes, which IMO is fine. People who buy fakes generally can't afford the real thing. It's only when someone gets ahold of one (through whatever means) and then passes it off as the real deal it becomes a problem.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 23, 2006 10:50 PM: Message edited by: GreyMyst ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just checked the auction again and the previous high bidder has retracted! Maybe the next ones in line will ask the buyer why she retracted-would they be allowed to do that?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now 2 bidders have retracted! I think people are figuring out something's "wrong" with this doll.

Jo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Greymist,
    OH! I bet you are right! I bet that they moved them!!! Like the Louis Vuitton ones.. they started in China and then moved to Singapore and then some were in Mexico after that.. those are easy to find, though... seems that these dolls are a bit harder to find in the blackmarket. Besides.. somethign else that makes me wonder is that, from Kelly's description, the wig does not sound like the one that Ria has pictured.. I cant wait to see Kelly's doll and compare it to mine and Linda's that I have here..!

If you go down there again, take some pics! WOuld be neat to just see them.. I am trying to imagine them...were they boxed or what?

Ang

MissCurlyCat

Hmmmmm......

Retracted: US $35.00
    Explanation: Cannot contact the seller Bid: Mar-22-06 08:06:17 PST
    Retracted: Mar-24-06 04:26:43 PST

Retracted: US $40.00
    Explanation: Seller changed the description of the item Bid: Mar-22-06 15:31:32 PST
    Retracted: Mar-23-06 18:46:16 PST

This is very intersting....

I think we have more power then we think!

<font color="red"><font face="Chiller"><font size="150"><marquee>MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!</marquee></font></font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 25, 2006 09:32 AM: Message edited by: omitsallspaces ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Check out the feedback of this seller. You can click on many of the items they've sold in the past months. They have sold ALOT of Bitty Babies in "played with" condition. Something about the hair doesn't look right, so I'm guessing they're fakes too.

I'm so glad I know about this board to help prevent me from making bad purchases!

Jenn

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast