Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Store Your Dolls (and Extras)?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi all! Right now my #23 sleeps with me on my bed. I'm kind of worried that she'll get bumped and bruised. I was thinking about maybe displaying her on some shelves in my room or setting up a little "scene" in the corner of my room with a miniature chair, etc. I was wondering how you guys store/display your dolls. Maybe I'll get some good ideas. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also, two more questions:

1) How do you store all of the outfits and accessories?

2) Do you only buy AG brand extras or do you shop elsewhere for furniture, accessories, clothes, etc.?

Erin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One good thing to do, Erin, is to start checking out the websites and albums listed in the "AG-related website and albums" Sticky. Horsemom (Kim) has a section of her website all about storage, and so many albums have pictures of displays. It could be a lot of fun to just look through and see what other people have done. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My girsl are displayed on a glass coffee table I covered with a piece of suede in my sewing room (as seen in my siggy pic), and their stuff is stored on a bookshelf that is also in my sewing room.
    I highly reccomend Kim's website, she has a lot of ideas and pictures under her Storage and Display page.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Those are my favorite albums to look at. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Right now there's just a shelf in the family room that I'm lucky enough to have comendeered to display my dolls (well almost, my parents still need to move some stuff) because I have NO SPACE in my room. I wish I had space to have doll rooms, but I don't, so that's my dream for after college.

I don't really have a system for my stuff right now. I've been sorting the outfits into plastic bags, but a lot of the stuff is still just all over my room. I'm a mix and matcher, so I might try to make some little cardboard closests like this: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2105872345

Hope that helps!

emsmombuysdolls

We picked up an unfinished trunk from Hobby Lobby--cheap! They have great sales and it is easy to sand and finish things from there. That is where we store most of our items. DD has an entertainment center in her room. On the top of it are scenes she likes to set up. I am desperately looking for an inexpensive armoire or something to store clothes. The dolls' wardrobe is bigger than mine! Target has a great trunk coming out in October.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was ona date wiht my DS last night and we were at Jo-Ann's and they had some plain wooden treasure chests that I think may be big enough for a doll, or maybe just her clothes. They had a few differenet sizes, and I think the largest one was $30, but if you are a preffered customer you can use your 40% off coupon on it which would bring it down to $18. I may be haeding out ther tonight (I have to exchange a pattern for a new size) so I'll get a picture if anyone is interested.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As for us, my wife and I kep the dolls on shelves in our living room and on shelves or on top of the armoire in the bedroom. The accessories are kept in the armoire (which takes the up all of the room),so if you have extra space in your dresser or have an armoire like us give that a try.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I keep my dollies on display on top of the bookcase in my bedroom; and here's an album of how I made a cheap doll "wardrobe" from a big cardboard box to store their clothes, shoes, and accessories---

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2105872345

Hope you find it useful! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Robin, The doll wardrobes you made are pretty cool. I'm impressed with your creativity. What a great use of a box! Great job!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Right now my girls are displayed on top of a small bookcase I have next to my bed. But if I get anymore girls (which I hope I do someday) that space won't hold them all. I'll have to think of something else then.

As far as my outfits go I don't have too many so far, so I just keep them organized in ziploc baggies, and then I put them inside the boxes my dolls came in, so for example all of Felicity's outfits are in Felicity's doll box. Not too fancy I know, but it works for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast