Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In the Lot I won with Addy came a short story. High Hopes for Addy. I love reading the AG stories and was excited to read this one. If anyone knows me well they know that the most precious things to me (almost more so than my dolls.. gasp) are my books. I take very good care of them and I cringe at the thought of creases on the spine... Well, I was going through my lot of goodies on tuesday and I had not reached the books. I was too busy fussing over my darling new doll. My 3 year old Avalyn had been a little too quiet and I should have been suspicious but I thought nothing of it until she came up to me with Addy's Short story book in her hand, she showed me the inside cover and first page (blank pages mind you) where she had colored all over.

She was most proud of her work, but I didn't realize that to her this was a masterpiece and I snapped at her. I became upset that she had drawn on my book and told her that she only draws on paper that mommy gives her. Well, everything became peachy and I just shrugged it off... until tonight.

I read Addy's story and in the book Addy struggles with Esther her 3 year old sister who is always getting into her things and ruining them. Addy, like me, snaps at her but in the end it is Esther that makes everything right... all because she wants to be just like Addy.

One of the sweetest lines is when Addy walks up to Esther and gives her a hug and says "Thanks for wanting to be just like me." It broke my heart!! What IRONY! The treasure that I found in that book because of its words and what my small one had done.

I just thought I would share how amazing it is that AG can touch our real lives.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a beautiful story - both yours and Addy's. That is a great example of what makes our dolls so amazing. Through their stories, they become real children - learning lessons about life that we all have to learn at some point, whether we are young or old.

Thank you for sharing. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just received and read this book yesterday. That was my favorite part when Addy said that to Esther! It was a vert touching story. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is so sweet! I bet you'll treasure that forever. Sweet memories last a lot longer than books!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a wonderful memory of you and your daughter to keep. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] You'll remember it every time you look at Addy.