Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Anyone sign their dd up for the club before the age of 8? My dd is very into computer games, etc and I was wondering if there are any other kids who in the club her age. She is 6, and does read, although she definitely needs my help with some words. Just wondering if it's worth signing her up to earn some stars. She's been using the Just for Fun area of the AG website but has pretty much done all of it by now. I don't want to sign her up if it will be a waste of $$$.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think it would be a waste of money. It costs $20 to join the club, but you get a coupon worth $10 off any AG purchase of any amount. This is the only coupon I know of that can be combined with another code. For example, I used the $10 off club discount and the 10% off code to get Elizabeth's bed for about $21 dollars off. Since the club code just shows up automatically a day or so after you purchase the club, the discount code box is still open to put a code in. Also, you can use the 10% off code to buy the club so it will only cost $18.

You also get a charm bracelet and a charm. It is fun and my DD likes it although she was 9 when I signed her up. When you renew the club after 1 year, it costs $10 instead of $20, but you still get a $10 coupon. This can then be combined and you come out ahead a little bit. It is better than free!

The club has some fun activities, and it is pretty easy to get stars. I think it is worth the money even if your DD is young and may not use every feature of the club.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think it would be a waste of money. There are a lot of really fun games on the club so she could play those since she likes the Fun For Girls part of the AG website. A lot of the games are along the lines of those. It is really easy to earn stars so she could get a lot of club products. The way I think of it is that you can get a $20 some dollar outfit free when the outfit is more then the club itself. You get I think 20 stars to visit bath and Body Works, and you can make picture collages of you and your doll also to earn stars. If you don't want her to e-mail other members in the club because of her age then you could set it up where you have to aproove the messages and you wouldn't have to aproove them if you don't want her to e-mail. There are 7 year olds in the club so that is only one year older.

Inactive Member Martina's*Mommy's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jen, CYE... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I say go for it. My dd is 6 years old and I signed her up back in October. She loves doing the games, earning stars, and "emailing" other girls in the club. I sometimes have to help her with the spelling of some words or the "jist" of a game, but that's about it. She loves it! I have not regretted it at all. If you do sign her up maybe our girls can email each other [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the advice ladies. I did sign her up for an account. I figure at $8 it's got to be worth it!

Marisol05, I'm sure my dd would love to email your dd. How do they find each other?

Jen [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's great that you signed her up!

Okay, I just went to the club to figure this out.
    When she signs in to her account, click on "Club Connect." From there click on "My Club Friends", there is a space where you can input a friend's club name to add them to your list (Add name to Club Friends").

I'm going to PM you her club name.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a six year old and seven year old that are members fo the club and they LOVE it. My seven year old can do just about everything, and often helps her younger sister with things she has a hard time with.