Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have the Only Hearts Club dolls and think they are so cute! The line also comes with books that feature each girl. They have been at my Target since sometime late January, maybe? The others mentioned in the article too though I haven't too much attention though (I'll check them out tomorrow). The dolls cost $14.99. I have Brianna Joy with her dog Longfellow and Anna Sophia with her dog Bubulina.

Here's a pic. ETA: Other pic was really blurry when I posted it. Here you can see the detail of Brianna.

AmericanGirl002

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 27, 2006 04:22 PM: Message edited by: marisol05 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Monica,

I finally bought these from my Target this weekend. I have Briana and Anna too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We learned about Only Hearts Club dolls via Family Fun Magazine. They are wonderful alternatives to Barbie type dolls.
    They are NOT adults like Barbie they are young girls in about the same ages as AG.
    Each girl has her own story and trys to do the right thing. The morals on these is great!!!

The reason for the cloth bodies is so that you can pose them in more realistic ways than with Barbie AND one of the best things (I think) is that they actually look like young girls. No big breasts and gobs of makeup! The have been out for a while now and previously were only available in pricey mom and pop toy boutiques or online. Great that Target has these. Yes, they cost more than Barbies and other fashion dolls but they are better quality and are still little girls!
    My DD LOVES hers!!!

If anyone is interested, they are able to wear Mary Kate and Ashley clothing due to their smaller size.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I forgot to mention my website about OHC. [img]redface.gif[/img] It's been around since before the dolls were out, but I haven't added much since then. It has clearer close-ups of a few of the dolls than you can find online, with thanks to one of the members here.

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/FAST/onlyhearts.html

This page especially has the face close-up photos:
    http://www.angelfire.com/mi/FAST/onlydolls.html
    In one photo on the page above, you can also see the "strange" neck/body material Cami mentions. I personally don't mind it if the dolls are in long sleeves/long pants.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 27, 2006 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by smoredrama:
    Monica,

I finally bought these from my Target this weekend. I have Briana and Anna too.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's great Dionne! DD has been bugging me to give her Anna. I might give it to her if I see another I like better tomorrow! There was only one book left last time too (which I bought of course) so I hope they have more tomorrow.

3castles, thanks for the tip on the clothing!

These girls are really great to pose on a bookcase.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really wish they'd do something different about the necks. End it at the top of the torso, and put the ball joint in the neck so the head can still be positioned.

I really did like the dolls, and was going to get one until I noticed the neck, and noticed that almost every single one of the additional outfits have low neck lines.

I love the eyes, and other details, I really think I'd have gotten one at the time (and a few more down the road) if the necks weren't so weird.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Melissa:
    I forgot to mention my website about OHC. [img]redface.gif[/img] It's been around since before the dolls were out, but I haven't added much since then. It has clearer close-ups of a few of the dolls than you can find online, with thanks to one of the members here.

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/FAST/onlyhearts.html

This page especially has the face close-up photos:
    http://www.angelfire.com/mi/FAST/onlydolls.html
    In one photo on the page above, you can also see the "strange" neck/body material Cami mentions. I personally don't mind it if the dolls are in long sleeves/long pants.

<font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ February 27, 2006 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Melissa, I've actually visited your site about two weeks ago or so when I wanted to find out more about the dolls. I did a search and found your site. What a co-in-ki-dink that it was a HB member. Great close-ups by the way. I'm about to put Anna's hair in two braids like on your site. It looks cute!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love the new toy section at Target! The Breyer horses and the platic animals by a company that begins with an "s" are also nice. Cute toys for little ones too!

I got DD two of the Only Hearts Club dolls for V-day. She is really enjoying them as dolls for her AG dolls. I really wish Target would carry the stable and horses too. There are no stores in my immediate area that carry these dolls. Has anyone seen the horses or stable in person? DD also just loves the dogs too. Only one of her dolls has a dog, the other was dressed in purple PJ's. The books are also quite nice....we only have 2 of them so far. I can't wait to see what else they come out with. They are very nice nice. The neck doesn't seem to bother DD either. The feet freaked her out a bit though! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

Shelly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

marisol05, that is so neat that you ended up on my site when searching for more information! [img]smile.gif[/img] I was so disappointed most sites just show the whole doll, not the faces. The faces are what makes them so cute.

I wish I had close-ups of the other dolls. If anyone has Karina or Olivia and would be willing to take close-ups of their faces, I would appreciate it so much.

Shelly, I agree with you about the feet! The first doll I got (Anna Sophia) has hardly anything for feet. The length varies a lot, and: eek! no toes! [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Our Target has had this "Toy Boutique" for the past few months. It's a nice addition since Zainy Brainy no longer exists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12