Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bumping this because I think the free shipping thing is a really good point. The catalogue I got in the mail the other day has a code for free shipping. I didn't post it because I had a feeling that it's not supposed to be widely shared.

GreyMyst

Originally posted by lacherig:
    Bumping this because I think the free shipping thing is a really good point. The catalogue I got in the mail the other day has a code for free shipping. I didn't post it because I had a feeling that it's not supposed to be widely shared.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">IMO if it doesn't say you CAN'T share it, then you can! (I know, AG will just add that you can't from now on)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That isn't true what the sales women said. I had a code and was told to share it with a friend of mine when she called to ask about it. Catalogs are sent to one house, but if The original person it was going to doesn't live there anymore it can and does get passed on to the next person.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Every catalog I've ever gotten with a code has actually said on it to share it with a friend- perhaps 100 friends [img]smile.gif[/img]

If they didn't want them shared, they could make them one use only. (Which they didn't bother to do with the Felicity code that says one use only) Lots of internet places do that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Could someone please tell me where you find these codes if they are on the catalogs?

Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that is incorrect. I had recieved a catalogue with a card for a 10% off code last year, and it specifically said to SHARE IT WITH FRIENDS.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't know that you have to give them the code first! I did have her looking up replacement parts and then gave her the code, so perhaps that's why it came up as invalid. Next time I will be sure to give the code first thing! Thanks for the tip, I would have never known!

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just used the free shipping code A35422 on an internet order, and it worked without any problems. The order was for $75. Shipping would have been $7.95, so if the free shipping code would not have worked, the 10% off code would have been a pretty good alternative saving $7.50. Every AG code I have ever gotten in e-mail or catalogue form has also said "share with a friend." It has been my experience that the AG customer service phone reps do not always have the same attitude and information. I wonder how consistent their training is. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't mean to sound like the code shouldn't be shared with anyone. I just, personally, don't think it's intended to be posted on the Internet for the world to see.

And, no, Cami, I'm not being hypocritcal and using codes that were posted here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And, no, Cami, I'm not being hypocritcal and using codes that were posted here.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, that's good. Not like my opinion means anything. If it makes you feel uncomfortable to use them, no one's forcing you to.

Personally, I didn't agree with posting the ones from the movies. Simply because those are easier for EVERYONE to attain, and didn't cost very much. There's no way you can assure that you'll get a catalogue that has a code on it. No matter how much you buy, how many catalogues you get, etc, it's still a "who knows?" game.

But I couldn't care less what anyone does, I think it's up to everyone to do what they feel is right, but if AG didn't mean for them to be shared, they wouldn't have codes at all, and they especially wouldn't say to "share with friends."

AG knows about our forum, they see that we share codes. They'd stop using them all together if it bothered them, (and I'm going to guess it doesn't when they see how much people here "convince" others to buy things).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast