Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Get the bitty twins. You can either get just the girl twin on ebay or buy the pair and keep both or sell one on ebay. "Or you can split a pair with me.I only like the blond boy and brunette girl so have extra brand new dolls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

beanbunny -

I think the brown-haired, brown-eyed AGT and the blue-eyed blond AGT (both with bangs) are the best selling AGTs. I find this interesting since they look almost exactly like Samantha and Kirsten. My daughter actually chose AGT 3 (blue-eyed blond) over Kirsten because her hair is easier to deal with. She is a time travelling modern girl. She doubles as Kirsten.

Deborah -

Great topic. I think it probably really varies. I know my daughter has friends who wanted a doll that looked like them, but has an equal amount of friends who chose dolls that look nothing like them.

I always chose dolls with red hair when I was a child (I have dark brown hair.) As an adult I really love red hair! I don't remember wishing that I had red hair as a child, but I tended to gravitate towards dolls with red hair.

As far as really young girls choosing dolls that look like them, my own daughter was only interested in Bitty Baby from ages 3-8.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"We covet what we see." just a thought.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't like dolls when I was a little girl. The only doll I ever loved as a child was Molly, who looks quite a bit like me. I have dark brown hair, light blue eyes and wore glasses full time when I got her. (Wear them part time now, contacts are great but in allergy season glasses are even better, lol)

As for the hair/no hair issue...I think that's the only thing that's kept me from ordering a Bitty so far. Their faces are so sweet, but if I get one she will be wearing a hat most of the time, lol. The twins have hair, though, but it's shorter and seems like they could handle taking a napping session with me. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I was a kid, we couldn't afford AG dolls. I got the catalog and my little sister and I would look at it for a while, but she was the doll child. I always wanted my bears.

Now, twenty years later, when the family gets together my little cousin (almost four) drags me off to ogle the AG catalog that I always bring with me. She wants brown hair and green eyes, just like her.

Me on the other hand? I tend to go with dolls that look like my favorite book characters. LOL. I guess, what ever floats your boat, eh?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good question. We had 4 dolls at the zoo yesterday and FarmhouseGirl asked a cute little girl if she'd like to hold travelling Ruthie for a minute. She described which one was Ruthie and the girl nodded. However, when she went to pick up a doll, she picked up my mom's #6, Abygael, instead. I think she liked her because she looked the most like her.

That said, None of my dolls look much like me. Out of the ones I have, I look the most like Felicity...though not by much.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My DD is 7 and loves dolls with dark hair and brown eyes (like Jess) and she is blonde with blue eyes. She has never wanted a doll with her colouring.

I personally am always looking at dolls that look like me but I have since changed my mind about that although it is hard to find strawberry blondes these days.

Juliette

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Get the bitty twins. You can either get just the girl twin on ebay or buy the pair and keep both or sell one on ebay.

I have the same felling about the bitty hairless doll. They need hair. There is a rumur in AGLAP that a bitty with hair will be coming out soon.

Just put the bitty outfits on your 18" dolls. They look so cute on both sizes.
    harvest

I think you right little girls want the doll to look just like them. Yesterday at AGLAP one of the 5 years old with us wanted #21 who looked so much like her.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12