Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, so we know that AG is addictive. What hobbies have you begun or do you want to learn/start as a result of your doll collecting?
    I have a bunch...maybe when the kids go to college...
    1. Sewing - I've always wanted to learn to sew, but I haven't yet...I just want to be able to make cute doll clothes
    2. Quilting - quilts are such great gifts and are so much fun to have...I would love to make matching quilts for Becca and her dolls
    3. Woodworking - so I could make furniture/accessories (this is pretty far down the list, because I would probably end up with a bed that looks more like a birdhouse
    4. Scrapbooking - ok, this is more for my pictures, but maybe I could start doing it for doll pictures as well
    Sarah

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think I have any! I've had dolls and they've influenced my hobbies since I was young. Drawing, writing, photography, knitting, crochet, painting, sewing...yeah, I can't think of a single one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am kind of a random person so my hobbies don't really line up to well with doll collecting. Most people are very surprised when they get to know me and see that I am addicted to American girl.
    However, I do collect teapots and when they see the teapots they associate that with AG (probably because it's all girly)

I do know that AG has gotten me more interested in history esp. Felicity and Samantha's time. I am drawn to movies about those time periods mostly I think because of my dolls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Oddly enough it was the reverse for me. I got into sewing and quilting and while hunting for patterns on dollar day at Hancock I found the McCall's Sophie patterns. I bought all of them, made them then wanted some accessories. That coincided with my first trip to Chicago in fourteen years. By train no less, yay!

While the DH was at his conference I bummed around the mile and what did I see? You guessed it: the Mecca of dolls, AGPC. $80 bucks later I was hooked. Next trip (last January) I dragged the DH into the store for Jess, now named Kumiko Joy (Kumi for short).

My only hobbies that don't really relate to AG are roller coaster riding (DH laughs that she is to short for the hight restrictions) and writing fanfiction about Tamora Pierce's world of Tortall.

When I showed her the tiny sweater I knit, the kimono, pj's and school uniform I sewed and the sleeping bag I quilted, my mother looked up at the sky and said "See, Mom, she did turn into a girl. You just had to be patient." (I was a serious tom boy.) We all got a good laugh at that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've always been interested in drawing and photography but I didn't know about this board until 4 years after I started buying dolls and reading the books so the dolls mostly just sat in my room. I have begun to draw my dolls in my sketchbook and they make great figure models. I'm an Art minor, by the way(Elem. Ed. major).