Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, poor little Molly finally got home after two back to back trips to the hospital (I didn't like what they did the first time, so I sent her back). Now, here's my question. I could swear that they gave her a new head, even though the requested work was for new limbs (cut off fingers). I'm thinking they did that for a skin color match. Plus, her hair is as smooth and shiny as can be. But here's why I'm wondering if it is a new head. Although her hair is nicely braded, there are significant 'loose' hairs right at the base of her neck, just like before. I'm not talking hairs that could be put in the braids, I'm talking hairs that are only 1" long. Is that how all Mollys come? I'm really curious!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 27, 2006 07:06 PM: Message edited by: tallpkb ]</font>

horselvr2

Well, to definatly see, check to see if her eye lashes are brown, long, and soft, then she still has the WB head, if she has shorter, black stiff eyelashes, she has a mattel head...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes. It's to cover the wig cap when the hair is in braids, and all of the dolls with braids (and some without) have their hair like that.

If you're concerned they gave her a new head when you did not want one, I'd call them and let them know you are displeased. Perhaps they still have the head and can send it to you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think they would have replaced the head, without calling you first. Everytime they've wanted to replace a head on a doll that I sent in for limbs, they have called and asked my permission, first. I just sent a Molly in for silver eye, and told them to replace the eyes, only. Molly came back, with her original head, but they had done her hair. It was nice and smooth and redone in braids, with the ends trimmed. She looked good as new.
    If they replaced the head on your Molly, you would definitely notice. I think the Mattel Molly heads look so much different from the older ones, that you would be able to tell in an instant.
    If you're still not sure, I can post a picture of two Molly's side by side that just came back from the hospital......one with a Mattel head, and the one that had silver eye. They're remarkably different.

emsmombuysdolls

AG Seamstress- Would you please post the pic? I am trying to become really good at spotting the differences.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's a picture of the two Mollys.
    Molly on the left, is pre-Mattel, and had silver eye. She had her eyes replaced, and came back with her hair all combed and rebraided.
    Molly on the right, is Mattel. She was sent in for limb replacement, and they called and asked if they could replace her head, free of charge, since it wouldn't match the limbs.
    I think there's a remarkable difference in the two dolls. They're standing next to each other, without shoes on, and you can tell in the picture, they are two different heights.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...0609270003.jpg

thepidget

Originally posted by tallpkb:
    Although her hair is nicely braded, there are significant 'loose' hairs right at the base of her neck, just like before. I'm not talking hairs that could be put in the braids, I'm talking hairs that are only 1" long. Is that how all Mollys come? I'm really curious!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know if all Mollies come that way, but I can tell you that my Molly does have those short little hairs at the back of her head. I guess it's to cover the wig cap since her hair is usually meant to be parted and braided.

emsmombuysdolls

Wow! We are lucky enough to have a PM Molly. I don't even recognize the one on the right as "Molly". Maybe Molly when she was 12 or 13, after a growth spurt. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, here is a album I did awhile ago of my three Molly's there is a picture of the back of the wigs. Hope this helps. You for sure can tell the difference between a new and old head. If they changed the head on your doll, they have reduced the value of her.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2103983493

Felicity_Fan85

Like girlag_crzy said, the best way to tell is the eyelashes.

I think they brush the hair and put it up in the original style, though I'm not positive since I've never sent a doll to the hospital.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast