Thread: Dolls Food :: Nice investment or big waste?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<center> See, I only have some old AGoT lunch food and Kit's lunch. My mom tries to convince me that the food is a waste of money.. now Im just confused. So, I need some advice.

Doll Food: Nice investment, or big waste?

</center>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That depends on you and your girls. Our girls spend much of their time eating. They are always having parties or eating lunch together at school. So food was a good investment for us. My step-mom's girls spend most of their time on display showing off their pretty clothes. She doesn't have any food for them at all. My neices aren't good at picking up after themselves. They lost most of their food, so it was a waste of money.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've recently found that with Sculpey, making realistic looking food is very easy! You can make alot of food with a little Sculpey! You can buy it in multicolor packages and then mix colors to get almost any combo you want! The more I made, the easier it becomes to get the look you want the first time! So have fun and be creative and make some yourself!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I only have Felicity's tea set...and I LOVE it. It's so well made. I also have the life-sized teapot and two teacups and saucers that match the mini one (from Colonial Williamsburg), so it's adorable when we have "tea parties" lol! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Sail-Away

Marina has been dieing to get her hads on a few of the sets. The few items I have gotten I have been imressed with. The lunches and tables settings are on the lists for items to get. I do not in any way think they are a waste. I do thing they are much tastier on sale so we plan on getting a few before the end of the month.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmm.. interesting..

You know, I saw Meg's doll rooms. And recently I was thinking "Hey, I could use a cardboard box and paint it and get a similar result perhaps.." Lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just love the period food and lunch boxes. I think it's one of the best buys at AG. I wasn't too crazy about Kit's lunch box, but now that I have it, I think it's cuter than it looked in the catalog. I thought it looked like a dollar store item at first.

Josefina's food is just wonderful. We play a lot with it. Samantha's is so daintily Victorian and the girls love Kaya's very native foods.

We, too, spend a lot of time eating and partying (with our dolls...lol!), so the food gets used a lot. I would *love* to get more of the dishes sets, but they are soooo expensive. Well, maybe they'll go on sale someday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The veggies from Addy'd garden set are also wonderful. We add them to the girls meals, so they can have a break from cake, pie and icecream.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I bought Samantha's lunch because it was on sale. It is very nice. I think I would wait till the food is on sale before buying it. I worry about all the little pieces with my daughter. I see a lot of them getting lost. I did buy some additional accessories for my dolls to have a Shabbat dinner. When they arrived the candles were way too small. So if you buy AG stuff, they should be sized properly. But I have seen some food items from other stores that looks so delightful. But Ubarose, you are right. They do seem to have an awful lot of sweets for dolls. Not a very balanced diet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't have any of the lunches. But some food items are unusual and fun to play with, such as Kaya's blueberries - they have magnets in them so they stick together. And Josefina's melon comes in two halves that can be stuck together to make one melon you can slice.

Julia