Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's weird to me that everyone hates the new Marisol because she steps on the LE doll. Yet, practically everyone, except me, wants to see them re-release the 1997 LE historical outfits. It's the same thing, and I don't get why one's ok, and the other isn't. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Oh, because people want to buy something they missed out on. That's probably why they're making this new Marisol, so those who missed out, and are resorting to buying her on ebay will be able to buy something *from AG* that has a similar look.

I totally agree with those stating she looks too much like Marisol. If something is LE, it shouldn't come back in ANY form. And, they sure did this fast.

However, new Marisol is quite cute. I think she's cuter than actual Marisol, which is weird, because I love her long hair. This one looks more spunky. I don't have Marisol, because I decided she looked too much like Josefina. This one doesn't look at all like Josefina (given Josefina has the longer hair, as well), and there's a bigger chance I'll buy this new one someday.

And I'm sure AG has already done something (perhaps different neck markings) to make sure she can't be sold off as Marisol on ebay. Perhaps someone who's so worried about the value of theirs should email them asking about it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

I have two Marisols. The first was purchased when she was released and is marked Pleasant Co.; the second just before Marisol was discontinued and has the neck marking American Girl LLC. Mari #2 was purchased because I had ideas of perhaps giving her to my niece when she was old enough for a doll with long hair. Now even I'm a little confused with the release of this new doll!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

As I've stated in other posts, I personally really like the new Marisol look-alike. As Cami said, she looks more "spunky."

This whole topic makes me realize something. I've never really liked the idea of "Limited Edition" concerning AG. I think it's a marketing ploy and just makes one feel somewhat forced to buy into their marketing. I think all of the "Dolls of the Year" should be permanent editions.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sure, she's the face mold and hair coloring, but the wig looks totally different to me, more so than just a haircut as so many here have said. The new doll looks like she has straight shiny hair, not the curly hair of Marisol.

Already having Marisol and Josefina, I don't see us getting this new doll, but I think she is adorable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I showed my mother the pictures of the new AG, and she thought she was really pretty. She didn't like the new blond AG to much. My mother did think it was a little sad (and insulting) that there didn't seem to be a wide range today dolls that represented different heritages.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 01, 2006 12:56 AM: Message edited by: sailorangel59 ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12