Thread: American Girl Magazine still include mini-mags?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just wondering -- I gave up my subscription to the AG Mag when they stopped including paper dolls and new stories about the historical dolls. But the last few issues (in mid-2000) had a mini-mag in each one. Are they still doing that? I sent in a card to get another sample magazine but don't want to subscribe for real if my dolls can't read it! Most of the articles in the last mags I got were too "old" for me. (I'm 57 but my ideas about what's fun to read about are much less sophisticated than the current teen ager's.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Last time I knew, they still were including the mini mag. However, it's not every issue. Maybe one in 3? I'm not sure. That's one of my favorite parts of the magazine too! (I would cut them out of my sister's magazines--she didn't mind. But now we do not live together anymore and I can't do that!)

Inactive Member americangirllvr's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I get American Girl magazine, and every once in awhile they put in the Mini-Mag. I like making them for my doll too!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've never gotten AG Magazine. Are the mini mags similar to the ones you get in your order? I have tons of those, thought I would save them for a birthday party or something. Do the ones in the magazine have more pages or of a different size or paper?

Inactive Member americangirllvr's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The mini-mags in the magazine don't have more pages. They're probably about the same; same amount of pages, same look.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The minimags in the AG magazine, though, are reduced version of that issue of the magazine. So you can collect a whole bunch of different issues. Don't know about your dolls, but mine get bored reading the same articles over and over!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We don't have a subscription, but I did pick up the August issue of American Girl today, and YES, it does have the mini magazine in it, it's very cute, copy of the larger issue.

Laurie

who will be subscribing and just put them away for Diana!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a subscription and enjoy reading it from cover to cover. Yep, even at my age. [img]wink.gif[/img] Several times a year they have the mini mag. It's a shorter version of the magazine, with select pages printed smaller, the same size as the mini magazine that usually comes with your order.

Since the minimags are printed on the slick magazine pages, they look like real mini magazines when printed up, not stiff like the cardstock version from the promo included with orders.

Julia