Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emily's party in AGLAP

Polly Marie

It sounds like your premiere was a wonderful treat for you and your daughter. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Thanks for the great description of events.
    Also for some details of the items. I agree we need sheets! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing your experience in detail. It sounds like the LA store did a much better job than the NY store. I wish I could have been there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you so much for the vivid descriptions of your experience. It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

I can just hear the oooohhs and awwwhhs from the little girls (ok, big girls too) as the new items were revealed! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a lovely event for the girls! That's why we love AG....

Thanks for sharing!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was cool that the narrator was the housekeeper. Sounds like more fun than NY. Thanks for filling us in.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great info; thanks for sharing! Sounds like a neat event!

(When I went to the Grove and bought 2 dolls and some accessories, I still had to pay for a little parking, because we stopped and got a pretzel and went to Macy's after a rather long time at the AG Store. I'm sure I got like 2 hours validated though.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank-you for sharing the details of your wonderful day! It's so exciting for us who could not make it to live through everyone who could with all the great stories and photos. Thanks!

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for play by play. It all sounds so great. Have fun when you go back for Emily!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went with My Sister, Daughter and Nephew. (He was a very good sport about going.)

Emily and her new collection were in the PS room when we got there. I had not been in the store 5 minutes and a PS saw me and asked if I wanted to see Emily. Of course I said yes.

OH MY, what a great display they had. (Almost like a bookshelf, sorry I did not take pictures.) I started looking at the items zoned in on the Chiffarobe and when wow a surprise vanity table. I had not read anything about a vanity table in any thread. The accessories could not be cuter. The Chiffrobe is too darling. I really like that the size fits in a display with Molly and her bedroom furniture. So it is like in that respect Felicity's old clothes press. The PS asked what I thought of Emily. I had to back track my blinder focus from the Chiffarobe and vanity table to Emily. She is lovely. Very sweet and has the cutest dress with cherries on it. Really too cute. The whole winter set, sled, and two outfits are major cute. I happen to like pink and so love Emily's new robe and slippers and pjs. I have ordered 3 pairs of slippers. My daughter wants the robe for Christmas. Her bed now has a thin mattress and comes with a rug and pillow otherwise is the same.

As the display folks were taking down the display to move upstairs to the cafe, I asked the display guy if Emily had the same panties as Molly. He picks up Emily's dress to look and poor Emily's panties were pulled down. The guy kind of squeaked oh no and had to take care of the situations. It was funny to see this tall guy pulling up Emily's panties. They are the same.

The show was cute. One of the PS was in costume and did a great job as Molly's house keeper. She told us about Emily's story and why she moved to the US. She introduced us to Emily and Molly. The girls then danced for us and sang a cute song. The other dances from the review came out and ended the dance with hugs for all.

We then got lessons on how to curtsy and how to introduce yourself. Major cute.

They then had the two girls come out with the new Emily and Molly doll. (As of now Molly did not get a new meet dress.)

It was all very cute and totally for little girls. We then were lead outside the theater and given goodie bags that had the Molly poster, a molly camera and pencil with a signed fun to do booklet about Emily. Very cute.

They had us kind of roped in the area outside the theatre until the cafe was ready for us. I am guessing they had to set up after the last dinner seating. Then we were lead by Molly's housekeeper to the Cafe.

Emily and Molly dolls were on display in the cafe.

After dinner. Molly's housekeeper (so need to go look up her name) invited the girls out into the balcony to see the new collection. She one at a time pulled covers off each display of Molly and Emile's new items. The girls screamed like fans. (My sister said it sounded like the Beatles were in the house.) Each display was explained and the girls could ohhh and awww before showing the next display. It was too cute hearing the girls scream with excitement each time one of the displays was shown. Again this was all for little girls and could not have been cuter. A lot of thought was put into the evening by the LA Store. There was an army of AG security, PS?s and management. One of the store manager?s was pouring water. So he got to talk to most in the room. I thought that was a great way to say thanking you to all for coming.

We enjoyed the evening and had a great time. I just love that store so it is always a joy for me to go. I can?t wait until September 1 when my Emily order will be in the store waiting for me. (They will ship if you want.) I just thought it would be fun to go back up and see everything. You can pre-order everything. Gas cost $30 for me to drive up to LA and max shipping is $27.50. I have found out if you spend more then $200 parking is free at the Grove.

Sorry so long.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like so much fun.

Would you say that the mattess is thinner than before? That *****.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 02, 2006 12:29 PM: Message edited by: marilyn2222 ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast