Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm wondering if Kit's travel story will have any accessories. I love the scrunched up "kit bag" that is pictured in one of her books. It looks like a khaki colored duffel bag, with little pockets and buckles. It would be nice if Pleasant Company reassured us that they can still make things that are true to the stories.

I haven't looked through the American Girl books for awhile (since they are at the library) but I remember a number of items pictured in the books that I would like PC to make. Any one else have an item they would like to see made? If so, which book and page number?
    Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kirsten: the items she exchanges with Singing Bird (throughout Kirsten Learns a Lesson).

Samantha: her purple speech dress (page 52 of the original Samantha Learns Lesson--her speech dress is really ugly in the new illustrations) and also her decoupage box she makes in Samantha's Surprise (page 60 in the original book).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd love it if they had Kaya's white outfit on the book "Kaya and the Lone Dog". I hope it'll come out this year with the other new items!

BasenjiMama

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sarah Christine:
    I'd love it if they had Kaya's white outfit on the book "Kaya and the Lone Dog". I hope it'll come out this year with the other new items!</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES!! Good call. That dress looks so pretty.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Sarah and Jane
    That white dress you were speeking of (belive it or not) is the Adorned Deerskin dress (match it with the book) that Mattel [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] has changed to make it look more american. Red white and blue stripes insead of the black and white and if you change that don't stop there change the color to the unormal color of gray-tan. But we have seen them change colors (and materal)to match the look of the book I hope they will do this.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so that's the dress from "Kaya and lone dog"???? wow PC really got creative with it.

Anyways I'd like to see Kaya get her own canoe and shiney equipment(from Kaya shows the way); plus another powow dress(ok it's not in her stories but there are several contempory photos in the 'looking back section')

-Sarah

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Molly has a really cute purple dress with short puff sleeves and buttons. I can't remember which book -- I think it might be Meet Molly, or Molly learns a lesson. However, I don't think it is in the newer illustrated books.

Anne Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jec:
    Hi Sarah and Jane
    That white dress you were speeking of (belive it or not) is the Adorned Deerskin dress (match it with the book) that Mattel [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] has changed to make it look more american. Red white and blue stripes insead of the black and white and if you change that don't stop there change the color to the unormal color of gray-tan. But we have seen them change colors (and materal)to match the look of the book I hope they will do this.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] I'm surprised! I hope they change it too, even though the adorned deerskin dress is my favorit outfit in her collection...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Me too - I liked Kaya's white dress more than any others when I looked at the pictures in her books. I didn't realize they made it already. [img]frown.gif[/img] It would be hard to find white chamois in order to make my own white dress though.
    Julia

BasenjiMama

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jec:
    Hi Sarah and Jane
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]rolleyes.gif[/img] Oh my gosh, you're kidding! I like the adorned dress, but the red, white and blue stripes are just a bit too corny for me - they hit me wrong for some reason that I'm having trouble articulating. It's still a pretty dress, though. But I think I'd prefer it in white with the original colors of decorations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast