Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Collections

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I emailed AG CS about the lack of collections online and in the catalog. Here is their response:

    "Thank you for your e-mail. While they are no longer shown in the
    catalogues or on our website, both collections about which you inquired
    are still available. The Stories and Outfits Collections for the
    American Girls Collection? characters, except Felicity?, are available
    for $88 apiece plus shipping & handling, and sales tax where applicable.
    The product code for Molly's is MWC1.

    The Sweet Dreams Collections for Samantha? and Kirsten? are currently
    available as well. Samantha's is priced at $140 and has the product
    code SSDC. Kirsten's is priced at $145 and has the product code KSDCR.
    Prices are plus shipping and handling, and sales tax where applicable.

    As is always the case, the availability of our collections is subject to
    change and we would encourage you to purchase these items as soon as is
    feasible to avoid any potential disappointment.

    Purchase of these items may only be made by mail order or by calling
    1-800-845-0005 between the hours of 6 a.m. and 12 midnight Central time,
    seven days a week."

    They responded about those items in particular because I mentioned them in the email. It seems kind of odd to me that you can only get them through the mail or on the phone.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 22, 2004 06:33 PM: Message edited by: OSusannah ]</font>

  2. #2
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks for e-mailing them Tracy. My husband called the 1-800# last week and they told him Kit's Sweet Dreams Collection and Outfit Collection was available as well. I think they always tell us to purchase stuff right away [img]wink.gif[/img] It is their way of saving their reputation when we get angry at retirements..."Well we said to buy it right away and we couldn't guarantee it would be available"

    Persnally, I really think they are looking at all the different items and are rearranging the collections. Maybe just because of the survey about collections they sent out, but I think they will have more collection sets for us to choose from in the future.

    Kim [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "As is always the case, the availability of our collections is subject to change and we would encourage you to purchase these items as soon as is feasible to avoid any potential disappointment."
    Did that seem odd to anyone else?? Kinda gimick-y sounding or something. Ah well, glad to hear they're still available all the same.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You're right, Georgia. It sounds like they're starting to capitalize on customers' fear of retirements. Shame shame, AG. [img]tongue.gif[/img] (I have to admit it was boring when everything in the collections was static and unchanging, *but* I don't like the trade-off of more items to choose from that may potentially disappear without notice.)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, I'm confused--another thread seemed to indicate that *all* the sweet dreams collections were available (except Felicity's of course). So is it all of them that are available, or just Sam's, Kirsten's, and Kit's?

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think all of them must be available, those are just the ones I was specifically interested in so those are the only ones I mentioned in particular in my request for information. However, they are only available over the phone or thru the mail. If you type in one of the codes at the website, it tells you sold out. I'll check Wed. when I go to AGPC to BRING HOME JOSEFINA to see if they are available there.

    Yes, I'm still excited! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •