Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: re-wigging

  1. #1
    Inactive Member margersk8's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2004
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    How do you re-wig a doll. Is it dificult and what type of adhesive is used? How do you remove the old wig? I saw some pictures on ebay of a Felicity with a curly wig and she was beautiful. I don't have a doll that needs a new wig but it made me think I might try to get a fixer upper. Has anyone ever used the human hair wigs? Are they better? Thanks.

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ January 17, 2006 11:18 PM: Message edited by: rel'smom ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 18, 2006 12:21 AM: Message edited by: rel'smom ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member margersk8's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2004
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Where are most of you ordering wigs from? What size do you use?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found that a spoon is helpful in removing an old wig. The goal is not to scratch any part of the doll's head that will not be covered by the new wig. Pliers also help if the old one is stuck on with too much glue.

    Aleene's Tacky Glue, available at most craft stores, is what I use to put on new wigs. If the new wig has bangs, put the wig on so that the bangs are too long first without glue to see how it will fit. Then turn the wig inside out, put the glue on the doll's head, smooth it out and then apply the wig, once again leaving the bangs long. Make certain that it is anchored all the way around and let the doll sit for 24 hours before brushing out the hair. After brushing the hair, cut the bangs and trim any stray hairs.

    Taffy

  4. #4
    Inactive Member caroloto's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here a link with pictures:

    http://www.justmagicdolls.com/articles/rewig/rewig.htm

    I bought a fix-up doll from ebay last month and have removed her wig. I'm waiting on the wig now should be here any day now. But instead of gluing the wig on I might just order 2 more wigs and use velcro so I can change the color and hair style of the doll.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's a good site for ordering doll wigs
    http://www.audreysdolls.com/index.cfm?Products=products

    That site also has instructions on how to measure. I think American Girls take an 11/12 and Gotz a 12/13 but I've never done it so I don't know for sure.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member caroloto's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I measured my bald AG doll after I took her wig off it was 11" and I did it from the way they say to. I sure hope I did it right! lol If not maybe I have a bald bay doll around here it will fit!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 18, 2006 09:45 PM: Message edited by: caroloto ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I rewigged one of my dolls last year and found a baby spoon to be just perfect to help pry it off. I also had to use pliers quite a bit. Rewigging a Battat is truly an experience in patience!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •