Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have Josefina's and it's beautiful! I used a homemade bedding however. It's wood and i think the new one is metal.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I asked about the curlicue daybed on here the other day because my daughter put it near the top of her Christmas list this year. Everyone who posted about it commented positively about it, especially the fact that it is really sturdy. The two beds are very different, so I think it's hard to compare them. One plus of the curlicue bed is that it has a trundle. We want both of them but don't have either yet. I'm going to buy the curlicue one first -- based on the good reviews from HB and because my daughter is going for a more modern look with her doll sleeping area (even though some of the beds and nightstands are Historical ones).

horselvr2

Which bed do you think I should get? Josefina's bed, or the new agot bed? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

horselvr2

Bump [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Josefina's bed is absolutely beautiful, but a word to the wise.....IMHO it is not all that sturdy. Others may have had better luck, but the one my sister had for her josefina was not steady...it rocked back and forth. And the one on display at AGPLA has a big break on one end. I think the wood must be pretty soft. That said, I am definitely buying Josefina's bed for the "look" of it since I'm into wood furniture over metal....so for me it's not a matter of sturdy but more design. If you are looking for something sturdy, however, I recommend the daybed.
    -jamie [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]