Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hmm... Looks like another doll company is copying AG...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just went to Lilian Vernon to order their doll(for the clothes)She is on back order.If you do a search for Lilian Vernon coupons you can get free shipping .The code I used was 136840100.If anyone in Canada is willing to get the Sears clothes and ship to the states I would love to get them
    Ginger

Felicity_Fan85

That really is too similar. They couldn't even change the colors?

Vermonth has the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory where you can make bears, like Build a Bear; I'm not sure which came first though.

thepidget

Wow, the outfit on the first girl looks A LOT like Marisol's. [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] I wonder what Mattel is going to do once they find out about that!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

B000HU10G6Liz Elizabeth Big1
    Here we have the Lotus Onda Princess Dress-Up outfit and Elizabeth. The only true difference between the two get-ups is that Elizabeth's gown is a bit darker, and the Lotus Onda comes with a spiffy hat. *Love that word... say it with me... spiffy*

B000HTZXUG
    Mar Marisol Big1

And here we have the Lotus Onda Inuit doll and Marisol. Yikes, everything is EXACTLY the same in their outfits.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Melissa*Olivia:
    Speaking of which, has anyone ever seen or heard of a store called Wacky Bear? It's practically identical to Build-a-Bear.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We have a Wacky Bear in our local mall. The nearest Build a Bear is about an hour away so it's a nice compromise. My dad took DD there for her bday this summer and she made a dinosaur. Then my SIL gave my 2yo DS a GC for his bday last month and he made a black cat.

The nice thing is it wasn't nearly as crowded as I've seen Build a Bear's get!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Speaking of which, has anyone ever seen or heard of a store called Wacky Bear? It's practically identical to Build-a-Bear.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes there is a wacky bear in what used to be the nearest mall and it is a replica of build a bear but now build a bear is closest

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Jemima_Potts:
    Maybe someone from Canada could do a group order?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If there is real interest, I could do this for any of you who want these dolls!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by JeanieD:
    If there is real interest, I could do this for any of you who want these dolls!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Interest...

Taffy

MapleLeaf

I'll have to check out my local Sears store and have a look at the dolls and the outfits.
    Some of the outfits do look very similar to American Girls.
    Posted by kitswift22007:The only true difference between the two get-ups is that Elizabeth's gown is a bit darker, and the Lotus Onda comes with a spiffy hat. *Love that word... say it with me... spiffy*
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Spiffy!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Googled it and it's CRAZY. Even the store set-up is the same color as Build-a-bear! I hope the got permssion for BADW to make it. Though I like the Precious Blue and Snow Bunny one. [img]smile.gif[/img] Might get one some day.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 18, 2006 11:19 AM: Message edited by: J_*****_C ]</font>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123