Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sniff...I have a request.

GreyMyst

Originally posted by i9i9:

BTW, for those of you who had picked a Jess among many, did the people who work there gave you funny looks and hovered?

Katherine
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope! They let me do my thing. They were hovering in general, but no more when I was opening Jess boxes than when I was looking at outfits.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's good. I went on the first day, hopefully they will get used to people being picky even with the "same" dolls [img]smile.gif[/img] As long as we are gentle and put everything back neatly, we should be allowed to take our time to look and choose [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Katherine

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katherine - they didn't hover the first time I picked out the doll (though really I just grabbed the first one that looked halfway decent, since we were in a hurry), I had a guy (worker) helping me the second time, the third time they hovered incessentantly, but while I was bored my mom and another board member thought the workers might have been bored that day.

I recommend going upstairs to pick out your Jess, as there are fewer salespeople hanging around those displays. Then again, I found my "perfect" Jess at the downstair's display.

Shanna -
    If I were in LA, I would offer to pick out a Jess. Unfortunately, I am visiting my parents now and probably won't be going back to Hollywood for at least another month. What wig problems are you having, exactly? Is it messy hair, hair that's falling out, the lump or the visible cap in the front? The Jess I have now has a slightly-visible wig cap in her front part. I decided to go with her because her coloring and hair were perfect, and her eyes seem to look right at you with a sweet expression. I decided to get her despite the slight wig issue because my mom figured out a way to fix it--I am going to take a dark brown permanent marker (thin tip) and carefully color the wig cap so it is not visible. This is a good solution, I think, to a Jess that is otherwise good.

GreyMyst

Originally posted by only1genevieve:
    I decided to get her despite the slight wig issue because my mom figured out a way to fix it--I am going to take a dark brown permanent marker (thin tip) and carefully color the wig cap so it is not visible. This is a good solution, I think, to a Jess that is otherwise good.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was under the assumption it was SUPPOSED to be showing like that. A skin top to make the part look more realistic with little bits of skin showing. That's why it has the "skin" section under the entire part.

I know when a human(like me [img]smile.gif[/img] ) puts a zig zag part in thier hair, ALOT of scalp shows, because it's supposed to, and it's more notiacable when the hair is very dark.

weddingphotosmodela26wh

I grabbed that off a hairstyling site. I am fairly certain Jess' scalp "skin" showing is normal and part of her design.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

How would this work? Could the perfect Jess be chosen and given to CS with instructions to make sure to send that specific Jess as your replacement doll? Like, would they do that?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had one sales guy call for security when I was taking the lid off Kit's box. I giggled and ignored him.

DD and I looked at many Jess' before she found her perfect one. I was amazed at how many weren't perfect and how many had hair all over the place.

I would call and speak with a PS and have them pick one out for you.

Juliette

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The main wig problems that I'm having is one doll had really dry hair on the ends, and the two most recent had a funny thing where the hair would part on it's own (like it was sewn in wrong) and show all the little strings. One even seemed to be unraveling because there were several string coming out of that part. I should have taken a photo, I'm just shocked that something like that made it through QC. It's so obviously flawed. Thanks for all your support...is there still no one who would be willing to put my mind at ease just in case this one doesn't work out and pick out a Jess for me??

Shanna

edited to answer Jersey's question. I would have to just get a refund for this doll and then send the money to the good samaritan who is going to pick one out for me...or maybe I could send them the doll and they could exchange her for me.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 01, 2006 10:34 AM: Message edited by: slovejoy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man...I'm so sorry for all your problems with Jess. You must be so frustrated! It's ridiculous that you keep getting all these problem dolls - did AG do any quality control at all with Jess? [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been on the search for the right Jess for the longest time. I've gone through too many to count with CS. I did have a Jess that had the most beautiful face and wonderful silky hair, but she had a hole in her shoulder so when I went to AGP LA I exchanged her for a doll that had a great body and a darling face, but really messy hair. The Workers in the store assured me that with a little bit of water and a brush her hair would be perfect, but I'm worked on her hair and the ends just feel so dry even after a restyling, not at all like my beautiful holey Jess. I'm just heartbroken everytime I see her photo in someones album and so many of you have gotten Jess's just like the beautiful girl I used to have. I keep sending the bad ones back (the last two had some severe wig problems...the same wig problem with both of them, and this one I got now has a left eye that's smaller than the right, and the iris is pointing in toward the nose). My request is, if this next doll has issues as well, would anyone over there in California be able to pick me out a doll with a beautiful face, and nice hair? I would be so very grateful to not have my stomache sink every time I look through a catalog and wish I had kept the hole because I'm feeling some depair here after going through so many. Thank-you all for hearing me out, you are always so wonderful and understanding of these things.

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shanna,
    I would keep calling for another doll if I were you. It took four tries before I got a nice Jess.

Sending you dolly hugs! [img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast