Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many of you have lost just a piece?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Okay so maybe this has been discussed before, but how many of you have a outfit that was complete--and then you find you have lost just one piece to it? I helped my dd clean her pig sty and we found that she is missing just 1 of the slippers to the coconut pajama set. This probably sounds dumb---but I was ready to cry!! This is such a cute outfit and since it is now retired --what can one do, but shop ebay and find it and pay up the nose.
    Who else has that void in their house where things disappear to and you never find.
    She never takes her dolls out of her room. That is my rule, especially since the slippers can come off so easy.
    This is the first thing she has ever lost but I am totally mad.
    Sounds dumb huh?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hate the feeling that something is lost and you will NEVER find it. My dolls shoes started coming up missing a couple of months ago. I have searched and searched.I was upset about a lot of them but ESPECIALLY the Sparkly Tunic outfit's shoes.

I had looked everywhere! There were like 6 sets of shoes and one of Samantha's shoes missing.I had given up and started keeping an eye on Ebay for some of the shoes.

Last night, I was cleaning up my daughter's little Step 2 kitchen. I pulled out the bottom drawer and EVERY SHOE except Samantha's was in there!

Maybe you will find yours too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, it doesn't sound dumb to me- I'm a mom, too. I know as well as you do that AG items are expensive and, although meant to be played with, should be treated well. I was upset with my DD who, while playing with Kirsten, left the midsummer's basket in the middle of the floor, where the other DD stepped on it. Once I found a doll dress in the dirty clothes. Not too happy about that either, because it meant it was lying on her floor, with her dirty clothes and just got swept up in to the laundry basket.

All that said, remember it is just a toy, and she's just a kid, and it'll be okay. Maybe someone else has lost one, and would be willing to sell you their spare. I'm assumming you've already called AG to see if it's avaialable as a replacement part?

Jo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

.... [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] The sunglasses from the 1998 AGT Picnic outfit [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] ....

I have looked high and low...nothing! [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] I called and tried to get them as a replacement part, they do not have it anymore. I have looked for it on Ebay....."zippo"!!!...I know it will turn up one day, but until then.... [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All the time, I think most of DD Bitty Baby outfits only have one shoe. The thing that I was the most upset when she lost the red coral necklace that went with Felicity's old accessories. We now have a No shoes rule for dolls when they leave the house (sorry DPS) but since we have stopped wearing them out of the house we can usually find the ones that fall off in the house

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anna, your story made me laugh. That's something my DD would have done. Jo, yours reminded me of last Easter when the girl I babysat stepped on the large Easter basket I had given my DD's that had the Bitty twins in it just a week before. If it had been put away it might not have happened. My DD's have a LOT of missing pieces but the one that bothers me the most is the missing shoe from the Shimmery Gold outfit because it's retired and LE. I refuse to buy my girls any new doll outfits and especially no accessories until they learn to keep their things together. I bought them the 3 in 1 bed for storage but it hasn't helped.

Donna Cotterman

I have read the posts and must share my latest "lost it". I was sure I had an extra set of holiday accessories so when another collector asked to purchase the set.... I said sure and sold it to her. Low and behold... I sold the only set I had. Of course, they are retired and going for three times as much as I sold them for. Oh dear!! Poor dolly will just be accessories deprived until I can find a great buy on e-bay.
    I don't even have any little person to blame for this brain cramp. [img]smile.gif[/img] ^j^ Mrs.C.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 11, 2006 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Mrs. C. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I lost the bow and pin to Kit's Christmas Outfit, and the dress just doesn't seem complete anymore! I lost the pin quite a while ago when it fell between the seats of the car, but the loss of the bow is much more recent. I have NO idea where I put it- SO annoying.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a box of about a dozen or so AG shoes with no mate...wonder if we can set up some kind of missing shoe trade? I hang on to them thinking that some day a match may come along, but maybe I have what some of you are missing. I'll work on posting a photo. Of course...I may have the left, and you need the right, but some shoes don't have a left or rightness!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey thanks for all your responses! Five in a row that is a great idea! If people wanted to trade extra items.
    Now what is the killer to this whole situation is that the dolls very rarely leave her room, and if they do they are still in the house. Where is that mysterious void at?
    I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast