Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Josefina

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AgLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2005
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Please tempt me with pics and reviews of Jossefina. I'm getting her at AGPLA in July and can't wait. Also, I am making her a box of stuff for when she gets back home. Does anybody have any ideas of things I can make for Josefina? And one last thing- how should I take care of her hair?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner cebula_2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2005
    Posts
    848
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Josefina is a beautiful dolly! You won't be sorry you chose her. My PM Josefina's hair is really thick, but I don't know about Mattel Josefinas... I usually brush her hair in sections starting at the bottom and working my way to the top. The best way to take care of it, I've found, is to keep it in a braid so it doesn't get to tangly in the first place. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    You really should see Josefina in her mantilla and Christmas dress....GORGEOUS! Sorry I have no pics...Good luck waiting for her...I know it will be a hard wait.... Enjoy her when you get her...Like I said, she really is beautiful and her clothes are gorgeous as well. She looks good in just about anything, too. Have fun!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Gombe Gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2005
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Why don't you check out Melissa's great site! Although it's for mini dolls, I'm sure a lot of it could be adapted for a larger doll.
    Thanks again Melissa! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member EmilyMarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 5th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A wire wig brush is a must for Josefina's hair. The suggestion to always keep it in the braid is a good one because then the hair won't get messy in the first place.

    She's a beautiful doll & we love ours. You won't be sorry getting her. I'm not artistic so I can't give you any suggestions about what you can make for her arrival though.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with all the suggestions so far. Josefina has to be one of the prettiest AG's ever, although her hair can get messy. I recommend leaving it in the braid, rebraiding it if it ends up with a lot of fly-aways. I took my Josefina's hair out of the braid and was annoyed to find her hair to be three completely different lengths. I trimmed it so it was even, but now I think her hair is too short [img]frown.gif[/img] . However, the slightly shorter hair does make it easier to manage.

    I will try to find some pictures of my Josefina and Miss_Nellie_OMalley's traveling Josefina for you [img]smile.gif[/img] .

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    josefinaAGLAPIMG 0847


    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2118429428

    Hope that helps.

    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Melissa*Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Josefina was our very first AG doll, so she is very special to us. And I have to agree with the consensus -- she is exceedingly beautiful!! (Just be gentle with her hair!)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had once seen terra cotta plates for Josefina in someone's album. I am sorry, I can't remember who it was so I can give proper credit..

    but anyhow, these terra cotta plates were painted with beautiful designs all around the edges.Upon closer inspection, they were the little terra cotta plates that go under flower pots! You can find them in the garden center of almost any store. You can buy them seperate from the flower pot, they come in all sizes, and they are very inexpensive.

    You could make her some lovely handpainted plates and Sculpey food.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member kitandkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    949
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Josefina is very pretty. I will have some pics of her shortly in her birthday dress and maybe a few others.

    If you click on pictures on my website there is one of her but it isn't that good (the new ones will be of better quality): http://www.owtgirls.tk

    As for her hair... Josi's hasn't been taken care of so I am going to downy dunk it this summer. I would definitely recommend using a wire wig brush OFTEN, don't sleep with her or brush it right after that and just generally be careful with it. This has worked well for Kailey, Piper, Sam and Sierra so far.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Dancing_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2006
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just sent my Josefina doll to the AG hospital for her silver eye. She came back with a new head and her hair is much thinner than my PM Josefina. It is also uneven as someone else stated, but easier to work with than PM Josefina IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •