Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I heard that one or two of board members knows how to change out a dolls eyes. I am wondering who that was and how much you/she would charge. I want to switch out the eyes of AGT 23 and AGT 24.

Or better question. How hard is it to switch a dolls eyes and how would you do it?

Actually, would it be easier to just rewig them?

Just looking for a solution here.
    <font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ August 12, 2006 06:05 PM: Message edited by: sailorangel59 ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 12, 2006 06:30 PM: Message edited by: sailorangel59 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd be interested in this too.

I can't switch eyes, and I've heard it's a tricky operation, but the TCL Doll Hospital in Colorado can.

They told me it'd be $24 and shipping to switch AG eyes. I plan to buy and switch out #23 and #25. They've had good reviews and seemed very knowledgable. They explained you have to send in two AGs to be switched because the AGs have a special kind of doll eye that is not available to them otherwise.

Hope that helps a little.

If you decide to go with the hosptial, they're online if you google them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you think it would be easier to just rewig then, or switch the wigs? since they both have light skin and freckles?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cheaper, faster, easier to rewig!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Sakurako:
    Cheaper, faster, easier to rewig!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How hard would it be to switch their wigs? How would you do that?

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 12, 2006 08:44 PM: Message edited by: sailorangel59 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, if you want to save the wigs you're removing, it takes longer. Just Magic Maria has excellent instructions for rewigging. I use her tip about using a spoon to help take the original wig off all the time. If the two dolls are new within the last year, I wouldn't bother saving the hair. Just me...I think AGT wigs have gotten too thin and flat to bother with. I simply plan to rewig whichever doll I buy new these days. You could make a truly one of a kind doll from each one using commericial wigs. As I've said before, I like Antina's wigs. She has good quality ones. Then you could just rip off the wigs they came with and if the wig cap got holes in it, no worries!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They are of course two of the new dolls, 23 and 24. I really liked both of them when they came out because 23 looked like me and 24 looked like my sister. Except for one thing. I have the brown/green eyes and my sister has blue (we have two different mothers). The hair styles were about right as well, and I like the hair as it is, that is why I want to salvage the wigs to switch... plus I would save money.

If anything else, 23/24 would then become my Kaylee (Yes from Firefly), and maybe my sister would like the other one (blond blue eyed).

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ August 12, 2006 10:20 PM: Message edited by: sailorangel59 ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 12, 2006 10:21 PM: Message edited by: sailorangel59 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, that's exactly what I want to do with #23 and #25. #25 looks like me except I have blue eyes, and #23 looks like my sister except she has brown. Swapping wigs hasn't been an option for me because I don't have freckles, but my sister does. So they must only get an eye swap.

If you're concerned about the wig staying, I'd send them into the hospital. To me, it's worth the $30 to know I won't wreck a new doll. I do plan to rewig some dolls, but I don't care if the original wig stays nice or not.