Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I recieved Gwen and Hallie yesterday. I initially had decided to leave Gwen in her box as the Gwen for my niece and consider the Gwen doll in my second order as mine. On a whim, I decided to take her out of her box this morning so I could see what the doll is like. She's new, but her stringing is already loose. Not only are her arms and legs floppy, but her poseable head is also strung, so her head hangs forward and gives her a rather dejected appearance. And if you thought the dolls were creepy before: if you lie Hallie on her back and then pick her straight up, she's strung tightly and her joints remain stationary. However, if you do the same with Gwen, her loose knee and hip joints allow her legs to bend, and her head even flops backwards as if she has an odd case of whiplash. It's weird that this is a new doll but her stringing is already failing.

Getting her to the doll hospital won't be too much of a problem since I'm close enough to an AGP that I can hopefully just send her there to be shipped to the doll hospital. However, I thought I should pass on what the CS person told me. Apparently the AG doll hospital will no longer service the Hopscotch Hill dolls after the end of this year.

I understand the business reasons for the decision, especially since they'd no longer be producing parts to use as replacements so they couldn't offer full servicing on the dolls anyway, but the stuff holding these dolls together appears to be the same as that used to string the 18" dolls and, since they'd still have the elastic, it would just be a little more comforting if they kept the option open for customers to pay a fee if they needed to have a doll re-strung further on down the road. In the interests of learning the do-it-yourself method, does anyone have any idea how involved servicing the stringing on one of these dolls would be as compared to an AG doll?

BellasMama

What does "Blech" mean??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am sorry to hear that, I ordered both of them

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by BellasMama:
    What does "Blech" mean??
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's another way of saying "yuck."

BellasMama

Smile

thanks

prasnlrd

Originally posted by marymax:
    I am sorry to hear that, I ordered both of them
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oooooo..well at least you are payiong a reduced price. I adopted DD HSH-Skylar a couple years ago. I do not care for these dolls at all. I do not know what got into AG making such a cheapened doll. It has painted on eyes--BLECH!-/rooted hair--BLECH!--and those joints drive me nuts!

I have thought of getting Skylar the AGT wheelchair and have her be a handicapped dollie. I dress her like the others etc., as she is AG afterall; but it hard for me to be close to her.

She ia a Pleasant Family member along with everyone else and I have bonded to her a little better; but not crazy about HSH at all. JMHO...

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by prasnlrd:
    Oooooo..well at least you are payiong a reduced price. I adopted DD HSH-Skylar a couple years ago. I do not care for these dolls at all. I do not know what got into AG making such a cheapened doll. It has painted on eyes--BLECH!-/rooted hair--BLECH!--and those joints drive me nuts!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree that they look somewhat cheap, esp compared to the AG dolls, but they don't have rooted hair - it is a wig, and they are pretty decent actually.

GreyMyst

Originally posted by **Princess**:
    I agree that they look somewhat cheap, esp compared to the AG dolls, but they don't have rooted hair - it is a wig, and they are pretty decent actually.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What? Everyone else has said they are rooted.

Ok, does anyone have pictures of the little beasties' hair?

BellasMama

I don't have a photo...but ..our Gwen has a wig.

prasnlrd

Originally posted by SaraLovesHerDollys:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by **Princess**:
    I agree that they look somewhat cheap, esp compared to the AG dolls, but they don't have rooted hair - it is a wig, and they are pretty decent actually.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What? Everyone else has said they are rooted.

Ok, does anyone have pictures of the little beasties' hair?
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="5">ROTFL!!!</font>...Sara-Greymist, you are too much! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ("beasties"....HA!...LOL LOL)

...Princess..I apologize if I offended you regarding my opinion of HSH. That was never my intention. JMHO.

I stand corrected about the hair too. I just checked my Skylar, it is a wig! How about that! It is the "minis" that have rooted hair. I really think this line could have been succesfull if they had glass eyes and normal joints.

Agiain "Princess", I am sorry...keep loving your HSH..they are AG after all....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast