Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Last Saturday I got the Hair Salon DVD for DD.
    At 9.95 and 25 minutes it was a bit pricey, but I had given up on trying to get hairdo insights out of a book, so I went for it.
    Well... it is the book all over again!!!
    They show the dolls with the hairdos, but when it comes to showing how to do them, they jut show static pictures on screen! Who needs a tv for that? It does not show anybody actually doing the work or preparing the dolls for the dos or anything.
    The girls that are pretending to be at the salon are as far from spontaneous as it gets and the hairdresser is too peppy for my liking.
    DD liked it, but has only watched it once, which leads me to believe she may be saying this just to keep me happy (she is the one that almost burns holes on her dvds out of watching them a zillion times!)
    Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aww, too bad! thought it woulf be worth it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Awwww... I was really hoping that the DVD could actually teach me how to do the hairstyles properly! I have the book, but it never really helped me. I could never do the french braids (along with many of the other styles). Oh well. That means that I have $9.95 for something else! LOL!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That disappoints me. If it was a dvd of a hairstylists hands doing the styles I probably would have gotten. My poor dolls get nothing better than ponytails.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DRAT! I ordered this last week using the 10% off code and was really, really, really hoping that it would show how the hairdressers at AGP did the hair styles. If it is only still pictures, it is going back. Sheesh, they have the hairstylists there every day, right on premises. They should have been able to do a really useful video on how to do a bunch of styles for peanuts.

Man, I am prepared to be really miffed...

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I loved the DVD myself! I have trouble understanding book illustrations too, but I was able to follow the pictures and explanation in the DVD.

lol, in the beginning when she asked the girl her favorite sport, I thought "Uh oh" I knew it said 25minutes on the back and I was sure all the time would be wasted talking when she asked that, but it wasn't.

I thought it was informative. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WHAT! I was hoping that they showed how to the french braids because I cannot get them down.RATS!

rolloverrover

I cannot get the hang of French braiding either. Drats!! I was really hoping to hear some good news about this DVD. I guess it's just one less item to get excited about.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 13, 2005 07:57 PM: Message edited by: SugarMagnolia ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It showed how to french braid and all sorts of cool styles. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

French braiding just takes a lot of practice. It takes your hands getting used to the movement. The trick is to free a hand, holding two strands in one hand while you grasp additional hair for the third strand in the other.

Practice, Practice, Practice. I am pretty good at it now - after 15 years of practice. I can even french braid my own hair. I just did a lot of crummy french braids!

Klutz has good books on hair dos, all types, and detail descriptions of how to do nifty braids (french, fish tail, rope, french rope, dutch, etc.).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast