Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is a great rule. It is hard to follow threads when you aren't sure who starts what anymore. Pumpkin you have voiced what everyone feels well said.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you so much for the thoughtful way the request was stated.
    Life is certainly complicated enough without sideline drama.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Moderators,
    As others have stated, we really appreciate all that you do to make this a friendly, safe community of AG lovers. You are doing a wonderful job! I'm sure the new rule will make things run even smoother.
    THANKS AGAIN!

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You all are very welcome!

Thanks so much for the words of support. Sometimes the task is easy and sometimes very difficult. Words of affirmation make it all worth all of the work.

And here are some words of affirmation for you-all.....Thanks so much for all that you do that makes our job easier......

the cheerful avatars
    the cute photos
    the nice quotes
    the friendly conversations
    the peaceful attitudes
    the wonderful stories
    the helpful advice
    the clean language
    the thoughtful, kind, respectful ways of talking to each other

Thank you so very much!
    Joy

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's very understandable that people need to take a break from this board now and then. The best way to deal with that need is to just not go on the board for a few days, or to take a couple of cool-off days to decide what steps to take next. But if at the end of your cooling-off period you do decide that you need to delete your account, you should not come back under a different name for at least 3 days after deleting yourself. If you do come back under a different name after the 3 days time, you should let everyone know what your old name used to be.

If you do use multiple identities, either concurrently, or one right after another, without telling us, or as a way to secretly get back in after being banned, you will be subject to banning. Whether it will be a life-banning or a banning that you can redeem yourself from will be negotiated with the moderators, on a case-by-case basis.

The Moderator Team

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 05, 2006 12:14 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Isn't there a term for using multiple identities on-line? I think it's called using sock puppets? Cute term for a not cute practice. I'm glad to see you setting rules on this. The Board is a community and people should be able to tell who they're dealing with as much as that's possible on-line.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, everyone!
    Joy - thanks for putting this rule together for us. We have been talking about ways to make our board better for some time, but putting the ideas into action isn't always as quick.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Joy and very well said Taffy. Coming and going on message boards is just a fact. Nothing is more annoying than a long good bye post, only for the poster to return days later.

It is said but I have been so leary of newcomers lately because I never know if they exist or if they are already a member seeking more attention.

Thanks for the official rule on this [img]wink.gif[/img] I love AG and the true friends I have made on this board.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 06, 2006 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Kym ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is a terrific rule. I joined around Christmas last year ( I think) and have felt nothing but welcomed ever since. This is a great place to visit and unwind and I have no interest in seeing mind games being played out.

To the moderators - you are doing a fantastic job here and I love it!

Thank you,
    Juliette

prasnlrd

Originally posted by Kym:
    [QB]---It is sad but I have been so leary of newcomers lately because I never know if they exist or if they are already a member seeking more attention.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">DITTO to the above! I have never mentioned it, but I have the exact same sentiments/feeling. It is unfortunate because I do want newbies to be welcomed and feel the HB warmth.

I do not embrace "I'm New" type of threads like I used too and that is regrettable. Thank you for this thread Joy.

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12