Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DD and I have been looking at the catalog. She doesn't know that I've bought Kit. She loves Kit, but also really wants one of the AGOT (me, too!).

However, I love Felicity in the catalog, but I'm just not "into" that historical period.

Just wondered if anyone else bought a Historical doll, but turned her into an AGOT??

Also--I know several of you have mentioned that you have several of the On the Go outfits. I might be interested in buying one in the near future. If you'd want to sell, you can PM me with a price. I think DD just likes the outfit, and I don't think she needs ANOTHER doll (since she doesn't even have this one yet!), and since I'm really liking Felicity, who could be a very sweet AGOT with modern clothes, I think.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've seen some pictures from I think at least two of our Board members who have Felicity dressed as a Today girl. I think she looks great in modern clothing. I usually try to keep my historicals in clothing from their time period. However, I've been really tempted with Felicity especially to put her in some of the Today outfits! - Meg B.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Josefina and Felicity CAN NOT wear clothes that are not their own. And I cringe whenever I see a historical in the WRONG clothes.
    That being said - I have had thoughts of Molly as someone else, and Josefina as an East Indian doll and I know someone who is going to turn Nellie into a today girl. Somehow if it is done RIGHT away, and their name is changed and then they don't go back and forth between being the historical and being the today girl it doesn't seem so wrong. BUT I don't know yet if I could handle it.
    Crazy isn't it?! LOL at all my strong feelings over this! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My dolls wear everything and anything! They're all wearing modern clothes now, and of my 5, I only have one modern girl.

Felicity looks absolutely darling in modern clothes, but Nellie looks best out of all the girls I have, that short, stylish cut is so modern and adorable. I have a feeling Kit also looks darling as a modern girl.

Felicity would make a wonderful modern doll, and you could even get a few of her outfits, if you so desired later, or if you have a favorite book of hers, you could get the outfit that goes with it. Or she could be a Williamsburg re-enactor, lol.

I know where you're coming from about liking a doll's look, but not her time period. I have that same problem (and sometimes the other way around) with a few of the girls.

You could also keep Felicity's personality, if you wanted, she's so spunky. I like the dolls that have stories much more than the dolls that don't, which is why the AGT dolls are a bit lost on me, even the ones I want to get some day, are mostly named after book/movie characters, so they have personalities as it is.

Felicity is such a sweet doll! Don't not get her because you don't like her time period, certainly turn her into a modern girl! Let us know what you decide to do!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's not crazy. It sort of would feel weird.

But, yes, if she's our next doll, I think I'd strip her Meet outfit off (and sell it, LOL), and put on some nice Today clothes. . . .

I can see Nellie as a today doll, too, and I'm sure that dd will dress Kit however she sees fit, although I really like her historical collection.

I forgot to add that I haven't read her books yet, but the first two are sitting on dd's shelf, and that's how we both fell in love with Kit, so the story may change later, LOL.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 20, 2005 11:39 PM: Message edited by: jenndon ]</font>

GreyMyst

Well you see my Addy is the book Addy's great great great great grandchild. She's named after her too. She has a bunch of her ancestor's clothes that she found in a trunk in the attic. So she wears those sometimes but usually dresses modern :X

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have always dressed my dolls only in clothes made by AG (or PC) for their time period. I would have never considered buying other non-AG clothes or dressing my dolls out of period.

Recently I sewed a colonial dress for Felicity, but Molly was handy and I used her as my model. She looked incredible in it, so now it is her Halloween Costume. But, this makes me realize- non-AG clothes are just as awesome if you find cute ones. And these dolls look great regardless of what you put them in.

So now, remember, they are just dolls. And while they are the greatest dolls in the world and come with a set story, dolls are meant for people with imaginations. You can toss that story if you want. Your doll can be whomever you want it to be.

And now I think it might be a cute idea to dress each of my dolls in a different outfit from the same period- say all Kirsten's or all Felicity's. That way I can display all the dresses.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Kaya is going to be a today girl. I like my Kirsten better in today clothes than in her own. DD often dresses Molly in today clothes - usually sports uniforms. She's kind of a tomboy [img]wink.gif[/img] . DD will be getting Felicity for Christmas. She came to us naked and I just can't decide which outfit to buy her. They are beautiful but... I'm sure Felicity will visit the future soon after her arrival.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sometimes dress some of my historical dolls in AGOT clothes or clothes from the "wrong" historical period. My dolls all "interact" in displays and play anyway, so if Felicity can have lunch with Kit, I don't see a problem with her borrowing an outfit, too. [img]wink.gif[/img] Kaya, the poor girl, has so few clothes that she is always borrowing from all the other dolls - she is especially fond of Josefina's outfits. [img]wink.gif[/img] Addy borrows from Kirsten, and Kit and Molly share a lot as well. Nellie looks cute in just about anything - I had her in jeans and the Coconut sweatshirt/baseball cap with her hair in pigtails, and she was darling! Felicity also looks lovely in practically anything, and would make a great Today girl if you decide to go that route. These dolls are all about imagination and creativity - you can make them into whoever you want! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by jenndon:
    [QB]...However, I love Felicity in the catalog, but I'm just not "into" that historical period.

Just wondered if anyone else bought a Historical doll, but turned her into an AGOT??...QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My AG Nellie has become a modern girl and she looks great. I already had a Gotz Nellie and I couldn't bear to replace her but I also loved the look of the AG Nellie. I'll bet Felicity would love being modern. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast