Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AGfanatic:
    I heard about the store and cafe idea about a year ago. I think it's a bad idea, because it will be almost the same thing as American Girl Place, and will ruin the special experience.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not everyone is lucky enough to live close to one, or affluent enough to to travel to an AGP. So, if you live too far away from an APG, the boutique would be VERY special! Also, I seriously don't think this is going to turn into a "BAB store in every mall" sort of thing. Best guess would be maybe one per state, or less. For instance, I live in Oregon; I'm sure Seattle would get one, but Portland maybe not. I would still have to drive 6 hours to go, and it would still be a big (and costly) trip, therefore, it would be
    extremely special to us.

~Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WHO HOO!! Please put one in Atlanta, that way I can stop by on my way to work downtown (I will have NO money, but that's okay.) I ordered one of those specialty books last year that someone mentioned (the save girlhood one?? I forget the name) [img]redface.gif[/img] , but I thought it was weird that they were only offered to two states. I sure hope we passed their marketing test! And I think the South needs one since the closest location is AGPNY, and Atlanta is a perfect location since it is in the heart of the South and near a huge airport (Hartsfield International). Plus, there are a LOT more attractions down in the ATL than there used to be.

For instance, we have the Georgia Aquarium, the new World of Coke opening next year right next to it, the Children's Museum of Atlanta, the Centre for Puppetry Arts, the Fox Theater, Inside CNN tours and Centennial Olympic Park all in like 1 square mile. Not to mention our new shops and condos at Atlantic Station, which are so, so cool! It's like a city within a city. So for whoever said Atlanta isn't a destination city, I must disagree! It definitely was not about 5 years ago, but I think a lot has been built now that appeal to families and singles as well.

*stepping off soapbox* So, as you can see, I really love Atlanta even though I am a transplant here, and I could definitely see the appeal to all of the younger families that are moving to Atlanta to put in a mini AGP. So they have my vote! Plus, I would hope that I could have some HB members take a trek to see me and the other Southern members of HB at the new AGP boutique! [img]wink.gif[/img] I [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Atlanta!

*Edited to add that this was brought up in a threat a few weeks ago and SarahLovesHerDollys told us that there *might* be AGP boutiques built in several cities*
    <font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ June 17, 2006 10:31 PM: Message edited by: molly*belle717 ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 17, 2006 10:35 PM: Message edited by: molly*belle717 ]</font>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123