Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Like others have posted, I remove the garland and leave the sleigh on display all winter. It is a cheery color, and since I have white carpeting through a lot of my home, it looks like it is always gliding through the snow. I change the dolls out often so everyone gets a ride. It is VERY high quality, heavy, and so sturdy that last Christmas my then 2 1/2 year old granddaughter could actually sit in it and drive the horsie! We took the most darling pictures of her in it, and will use them for this year's holiday cards. I had to be empowered by my husband (who saw the sleigh at AGPC right after it came out on 2004 and enabled my purchase on the spot!) I thought it was too expensive, but it has turned out to be a wonderful holiday decoration and winter mood-lifter, and now it has those special, lasting memories associated with it. Lin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We got the sleigh as soon as it came out...it will be in our family for generations I believe. It is truly an heirloom. I agree about the bells/harness, but the rest of it is very nice. We have the carriage as well. It is just darling, and is kept out all year. We decorate it for Christmas. It is nice because it isn't seasonal at all. Last year we put the carriage on one side of the Christmas tree and the sleigh on the other. The historical girls were in the center. It made quite a presentation. I think both of these items really add a lot to a collection! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Shelly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12