Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Jess

  1. #1
    prep912112
    Guest prep912112's Avatar

    Post

    Hi! I know this has been asked like a million times, but can anyone give me reviews on jess? Thanks! Have a great day. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 06, 2006 02:27 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jess is perhaps the most beautiful of the AG dolls.

    Her hair is shiny and smooth. Mine has a little bit of a crooked neck which gives her a mischevious look.

    Her Meet outfit is brilliantly beautiful. I love the skirt and the halter is super cute. Unfortunately, the neck strings hang down her back in the halter top, but still cute.

    She looks good in everything. Especially beachside and Sam's lawn party outfit. but i've yet to find a bad outfit.

    Everything in her starter kit is awesome. I adore the kayak- I wish the paddle didn't make noise though.

    Her bathing suit is very cute, but the bottoms don't cover up her body tag. The shorts with that outfit are very tiny and a tight fit, but she looks adorable in the entire outfit.

    You have to get this doll (and Toshi- who is just adorable with her)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought twin Jesses when she was first released and so far have adopted two more. Need I say more? She is my favorite LE!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree, she is my favorite LE, but many people, myself included, have had problems getting a Jess without defects. I would recommend picking one up at an AGP if that's an option for you. You could also call a PS and have them pick you out a good one! I highly recommend her, and Toshi is adorable.

    Shanna

  5. #5
    prep912112
    Guest prep912112's Avatar

    Post

    What does it cost to have a personal shopper pick one out for you?

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 06, 2006 02:28 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's nothing extra for a personal shopper. Since you would be buying it from the store you may need to pay sales tax and S&H, I'm not sure- so it might be a little more.

    Jo

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Bean Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Get her!

    Jess is odd in that she doesn't photograph well. You really need to see her in person to see her REAL face shape, plus her crazy-beautiful hair color (it's not just brown, it's a really deep brown with red highlights).

    But she's adorable. If you're even barely considering her, I'd go for it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would have to agree that Jess is much cuter in person and her outfit is super detailed - very, very nice!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member MnMsMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2006
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I have a related question: I am planning on buying Jess for DD at AGPNY next month. What defects should I be aware of when looking through the dolls? I thought I remembered someone saying their Jess's hair fell out. What other problems have people been having?

    I agree with Bean Bunny---I thought Jess was cute from the get go, but DD was ambivalent until she saw Jess in person at a friend's house. I felt the same way about Nellie--she's also so much cuter in person than the catalog/web pix show.

    Thanks!

    Barb

  10. #10
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    These are the things that I looked for......

    --pink cheeks (some seem to have less color)
    --messy hair (some seem to have this)
    --too much stuffing in the shoulders or chest
    --whether she calls out to you

    When I got her home, I discovered a bit of wig fabric hanging down below her hairline at her neck, as if it had been trimmed off and left hanging, or something. But I'm not sure, so I've left it alone, I think. And as you mention, we've all seen the recent posts about wig problems, so I would check that too, if I were doing it again.

    Joy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •