Thread: Looks like someone else is doing a Slash figure

-megalithanod

Wink

Although I am sure it isn't something to compare to a McFarlane figure as it is a resign model

Slash 'Guitar Hero' Limited Edition Sculpture Series In February
    KnuckleBonz, Inc. announced today their plans to create a Slash sculpture for the limited edition collectible figure series.

The Guitar Hero series is focused on capturing the image of legendary musical icons of both past and present in detailed limited edition sculptures. The Slash figure will be created using a skilled team of artists to sculpt his likeness and be cast in a poly-resin. The production will be hand-painted in fine detail. All figures in the Guitar Hero series are limited editions. Slash's figure will be very exclusive with only 3,000 pieces being created. Each sculpture will be hand numbered and include a wooden display base.

"Slash is one of today's reigning guitar heroes," states Tony Simerman, President and Creative Director of KnuckleBonz, Inc. "He is a true and timeless musician and his talent and tone that first impressed fans in the '80s continues to win new rock fans today. His riffs on the recently released VELVET REVOLVER 'Contraband' are some of his best ever. It's a big honor for us to add Slash to the Guitar Hero sculpture series," says Simerman.

The guitarist, born Saul Hudson, known as "Slash", first achieved legendary status while playing with GUNS N' ROSES, selling more than 65 million records. Since leaving GN'R, Slash has impressed audiences worldwide with performances with SLASH'S BLUES BALL, SLASH'S SNAKEPIT, and VELVET REVOLVER. Slash is often referred to as one of rock's most significant innovators. This is an officially licensed product from Slash and Gibson Guitars.

The sculpture will display the artist with his trademark Gibson Les Paul and his top hat. "Combining Slash's unique style and image with his legendary status as a guitar hero, makes him a particularly great subject for the series," says Simerman.

The Slash Guitar Hero limited edition sculpture is projected to be available in February 2005. The exact date of availability will be announced at a later date. The figure can be purchased via www.guitarhero.net.

The Slash sculpture will sell for $99. Pre-orders will be accepted December 2004. See the company's web site for further details on pre-ordering and shipping information. Customers can subscribe to be put on an email list to get more product information and exact dates for pre-orders and product availability by emailing [email protected]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fucking A!!

And randy Roads my other idiol!!

RR Home

I just emailed them begging them to try and get dave added to the list!!

Oh please oh please!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is the one I've been begging McFarlane to do for years now. I sure hope that, since the license has been issued, that McFarlane can get ahold of it for those of us who don't want to
    have to get a fragile 99 dollar statue.
    This is beautiful though. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    RR Home

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I can't wait to see the Zack Wylde one