Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: "Possible BBQ" info....Now with ?????.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Ok, here's the lowdown....

The chance of a BBQ happening is 50/50 right now.
    If it were to happen, it would probably be mid to late September.
    It really all depends on whether Steve gets his "home improvements" finished in time and more importantly, whether there's some money left after all is said and done.
    He really wants to have something, although, as he said, it would be smaller this year.
    So keep your fingers crossed and say your prayers.... [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ August 10, 2005 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Nomalas ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just want to BE THERE.

If it becomes a "Bring Yer Own" that would be fine with me.... just having the organized date for us to all attend is all the motivation most of us need. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the update. maybe if Steve doesnt do it we can find some other time to get together

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by chaserfan:
    thanks for the update. maybe if Steve doesnt do it we can find some other time to get together
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hell, I'd have it at my house, but then it would have to be reeeeeeeeealy small! [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by classic:
    .....it should be that you have to bring something for your right of passage.....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, I agree. And, it is my opinion that the "something" that everyone should bring is CASH, plain and simple.

Now that may sound a bit harsh, but for the past couple of years a voluntary "contribution" box was put out so if anyone felt they wanted to help out, they could. Well, frankly, not many people "helped out".

So this year, it is my suggestion that EVERYONE who ends up attending "contributes" a set amount.

The details still would have to worked out but I think that making "contributions" required would go a long way in making this BBQ actually happen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have cash, will travel.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Nomalas:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by classic:
    .....it should be that you have to bring something for your right of passage.....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, I agree. And, it is my opinion that the "something" that everyone should bring is CASH, plain and simple.

Now that may sound a bit harsh, but for the past couple of years a voluntary "contribution" box was put out so if anyone felt they wanted to help out, they could. Well, frankly, not many people "helped out".

So this year, it is my suggestion that EVERYONE who ends up attending "contributes" a set amount.

The details still would have to worked out but I think that making "contributions" required would go a long way in making this BBQ actually happen.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wellsaidmyfriend,
    I'llbesendingyououtalilsomethingnextweekTony.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Nomalas:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by classic:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't see anything wrong with that at all. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

not like my opinion matters much, as the odds of me being able to make it are pretty much nil.
    assuming I got an invite to begin with.

still, it's a good idea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

id have no problem bringing cash. i donated the others years so no different if its a requirement this time around. heck the tickets invites he always sends out could have a purchase price. you send him a check or something and he sends you a ticket. he could scalp them [img]smile.gif[/img] . serously though if you paid for the ticket that would assure everyone pitched in

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ August 05, 2005 09:43 AM: Message edited by: classic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i say we should all meet up in florida sometime [img]wink.gif[/img] besides the bbq....

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ August 05, 2005 09:52 AM: Message edited by: Mortitia ]</font>

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast