Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: For those watching Heroes (X-men references)

Inactive Member Evil Temptation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, Radioactive Man is current mainstreamer. He's in the current Thunderbolts roster. Of course I only know that because I just started reading Thunderbolts... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Andyman, that's a good one as well. If she can recover from the blast instantly, and Peter can as well, through mimicry, then that could prove to stop it, hence needing to save the cheerleader...

This is exactly why I love shows like this... they make me use my mind... lol... it could use the workout... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Michael Crawford's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My thoughts on last night:

- yep, the lines look like the start of the symbol, as others have said. I doubt they indicate good or evil, or even 'control' over one's powers, but rather they're sort of a marking of a puberty like phase. Before the markings, they're children in terms of the development of their powers, by the end they're 'adults'. That doesn't mean they have control over them necessarily (look at Nikki) but that they are fully developed. While that might seem the same as control, I think it's an important distinction - fully developed is very different from having control over the power.

- Micah's power is pretty cool, and he'd make a kick butt Iron Man type character. Slap on a high tech suit developed by him and with special abilities only he can control, and he'd be pretty unstoppable. Even now, he's mighty handy to have around. Are we sure he gave away the actual location? I couldn't see the motel sign, and I wasn't convinced he didn't just give her a location to throw her off the trail, knowing it wasn't his mom. He may have though, because I do think he figures if he could just get his parents back in the same room, he could get them to work it out.

- Nothing much interesting with Nathan. His wife and her injuries were no big surprise, nor is his responsibility in their cause. Peter didn't have much either. I was happy to see Nathan warn Peter about HRG, but I'm not sure why he lied about the painting. He wants to see it first?

- Not much for Nikki and DL either. That's cool since most of last episode was them.

- this was predominately a Matt episode, and that's good. Except for one glaring question: What the Hell happened at the convienence store? Last we saw, he's passed out on the floor and everyone around him thinks he's robbing the store. We get zero resolution to that? Hey, throw me a line of dialog here, something. I did enjoy the reveal on the wife's affair and his reaction. It's a tough power to have, and until he can learn to fully control it, it's going to make life difficult for him.

- Ted is likely to be the cause of the nuclear explosion, but how? He's not Sylar, and Sylar isn't stupid enough to do something that would kill him as well. And how does saving the cheerleader tie in directly to stopping whatever happens with Ted?

- Sylar hasn't made a peep since HRG and company cleaned out his apartment. Interesting.

- it looks like HRG got Isaac clean and sober. Was Isaac at HRG/Nikki's house in the promo for next week?

- I think they're making Linderman a bigger deal than he actually is. He's a major mobster, so there's no surprise that he'd be involved with politicians. He has no idea of Nathan's powers or Nikki's powers as far as we can tell (he's doing things that appear to show he has no idea), and other than being a connecting name, doesn't seem involved. I think he's just a red herring, designed to keep us guessing.

- there's no way Claire can recover from a nuclear blast. The flesh has to be somewhat in tact to heal, and damage to her brain stops her ability to do anything. Being close to the blast would ionize her, making it impossible for her to heal or reform, at least the way they've shown.

Not the strongest episode we've seen, but solid.

-megalithanod

I think Peter is going to have a major role in the last episodes due to being able to use the power without the side effects like the others.

(No headaches with the Cop, no need for the Herieon for the future-seer)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Michael, I don't think Claire or anybody would survive a nuclear blast. My thought was that only Claire (and Peter) could survive the intense radiation Ted seems to emit when he's riled. Therefore, Claire can stop Ted before he goes off.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The only shows I am watching right now are HEROES and BSG....oh, and sometimes on Sunday FOX's Animation Domination [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ November 07, 2006 10:23 AM: Message edited by: MM4 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm thinking that Peter may have to borrow Claire's healing ability and share it with Mr. Nuke to keep his flesh-container from breaking down and going ground-zero.

Inactive Member Evil Temptation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by B?im?n:
    I'm thinking that Peter may have to borrow Claire's healing ability and share it with Mr. Nuke to keep his flesh-container from breaking down and going ground-zero.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is there reason to believe that Peter can "transfer" powers?

Although, that could explain why he fell when he jumped... they couldn't have both been flying if one of them fell...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is it me or does Ted (Mr. Nuke) look like one of them cavemen from those Geico commercials? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234