Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

BON JOVI SLAMS THE DARKNESS
    -------------------------------

American rocker JON BON JOVI has launched a scathing attack on THE DARKNESS, likening the British band to spoof group SPINAL TAP. The BON JOVI frontman, 43, is amazed The Darkness take themselves seriously as rockers, because he thought they were a fake glam rock band. He says, "I hate The Darkness. F**kin' hate 'em. "I don't understand it. I know they are huge (in the UK), but I never really got it. "It's just Spinal Tap isn't it? It's just a lark. I'm not sure they think so, though. I think they take it seriously. They made a little splash in the US but, man... I don't get it at all."
    01/03/2006 21:31

BON JOVI JEALOUS OF ROSE ATTENTION
    ---------------------------------------
    JON BON JOVI is disgusted rock rival AXL ROSE receives more media attention than he does, because the reclusive GUNS N' ROSES frontman "hasn't made a record in 13 years". New Jersey rockers BON JOVI leaped to fame around the same time as the KNOCKIN' ON HEAVEN'S DOOR hitmakers and hates being regarded as an inferior to the group by the music press. He says, "You know what p**ses me off? I was reading this British rock magazine this month and there was a story about Axl Rose and the $13 million Guns N' Roses record that was never made. "That motherf**ker hasn't made a record in 13 years and he gets all that attention. You know what I've done in 13 years? A lot. But they have continued to write about the freak show aspect of him. Because he's a recluse. That makes him interesting, right?"
    01/03/2006 17:26

BON JOVI BAFFLED BY J.LO SUCCESS
    ------------------------------------
    BON JOVI frontman JON BON JOVI remains baffled by JENNIFER LOPEZ's musical success, because she can't play an instrument. The ALWAYS rocker is grateful for the recent resurgence of rock, following years of pop from manufactured acts who rely on teams of producers and songwriters to create their number one hits. And he names the PLAY singer as the dominant culprit. Bon Jovi rants, "It was so sickening to see some of these people - I've got to say her name - like J.Lo, sitting at a piano in a video, thoughtfully 'writing' a lyric. I was so frustrated. "I wanted to say to her, 'Hey J.Lo, here's my guitar honey. Sing me a song,' and see what would happen. "There's J.Lo having number one movies and albums and I'm thinking, 'What the f**k! Who is going to find the next BOB DYLAN?'"
    01/03/2006 17:26

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Why in the fuck is Jon Bob Jovi getting quoted saying shit about other bands? I've said shit about bands for the last 13 years and I've never got quoted!

[img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

once, when drunk, a buddy and I called the answering machine of a local music mag, and spouted off about a LOT of other local talent.

and they printed the whole damn thing.

I'll have to get a copy to show ya....funny stuff.

that said, Jon Bongiovi can eat my ass. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i can take or leave bon jovi but i do agree with him on a lot of that... i can not stand the darkness or j lo and for that matter axl rose. but it's pretty damn funny to me [img]wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member White Line Nightmare's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

i?ro?ny ?? (?P?)??Pronunciation Key??(r-n, r-)
    n. pl. i?ro?nies

The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.

An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.

A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See Synonyms at wit1.

Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: ?Hyde noted the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated? (Richard Kain).

An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity.

PS- Somebody please post that pic of Jor as Bon Jovi. Thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Imbalance:
    That Bon Jovi chick is hot.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...eh, she got kinda fugly when she cut her hair...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Andyman:
    Why in the fuck is Jon Bob Jovi getting quoted saying shit about other bands? I've said shit about bands for the last 13 years and I've never got quoted!

[img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No one takes you with any credibility. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i can't believe that anyone printed something that guy said in a place where Porthos would find it.

bonjori

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Considering I don't like that joke Darkness, that asshole Axl, that wanna be urban Lopez, or that cheezy fucker Jovi, none of this matters to me.

*shrugs*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I could have murdered Axl and been out of prison before the album gets made. Tempting thought...

That Bon Jovi chick is hot.