Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Had the toys ready, in my hands to buy, when I saw the cash register lines at TRU... it has not been that busy at that particular store since Christmas. I have no clue what they were giving away, but each line had at least a 20-30 minute wait.

Put everything back and walked out. I can always go back tomorrow and see if it's all still there.

Dontcha hate when that happens?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...I haven't bought a toy in a brick-n-morter store in soooooo long...starting to jones, here. Course, I need to buy some DVDs and CDs here soon, so the money-saving aspect of that is a good thing.

Inactive Member White Line Nightmare's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It had been about a month since I had been to a Toys R Us, and more than that since I bought any figures for myself. There's very little new stuff that remotely piques my interest, and most of that is custom fodder anyway. I wasn't about to spend a half hour in a line behind people who don't know how to keep their screaming toddler quiet or to be rung up by someone totally incompetent for $20 worth of custom supplies.

Not to be an asshole, but when it's that busy, you put your best people behind those registers to keep everything moving. You don't have a trainee who doesn't know what they're doing being watched over by a manager while the whole place becomes a zoo...

Meh. I'll try again tomorrow.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Only time I have put up with a wait like that for toys is if I have happened to have found something very rare or that I just desperately want.

Originally posted by White Line Nightmare:
    Not to be an asshole, but when it's that busy, you put your best people behind those registers to keep everything moving. You don't have a trainee who doesn't know what they're doing being watched over by a manager while the whole place becomes a zoo...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Been there, done that. Last December, about 3 weeks before Xmas, I was in TRU. Unfortunately for me, there was not a line, so I didn't get a chance to observe what a complete, befuddled moron the cashier was until after I had written the check that he couldn't manage to get the register to endorse. I swear to the gods, man, it was ten minutes of him fumbling and a line forming behind me before a manager FINALLY showed up and finished the transaction. She apologized, and I told her to stuff it in light of the fact she'd been watching from the security tower for at least five minutes before she came down to help--I could see her. Haven't bothered to go back to that TRU since.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12