Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i don't think the reasons for him being an alcoholic really matter, he is one and i am sure she knew this when they got married.
    i totally agree with you though.... she shouldn't just dump him without a fight. even though my ex husband was a lying cheating bastard, i tried to make it work but it just didn't. yea they make divorce way too easy these days but my thing is, as long as you both try to make it work. one person isn't going to be able to do it. she should at least give him a chance. marriage is something i take very seriously, even though this is my 2nd one i have learned from my mistakes with my ex husband and ex boyfriends after him. that's how you learn what you want and what type of person is good for you. my friends have told me they have never seen me happier than i am now. that's from a lot of learning and trying!
    don't feel bad for coming here and venting. i wish i had the nerve to do it a little more with my work situation right now...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

actually his drinking has been getting a little worse.

good news, to a degree, she's decided to try and work on it a while longer. he's quiting alchol and getting help with it. He's really wanting it to work and it looks like for a while she'll try. she didnt sound all that thrilled about it, but says she'll try. thats all I can ask for.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool

Still, keep an eye on him from time to time. He did the same to get your girl....

Inactive Member Michael Crawford's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do they have kids? If not, it's very different.

Yep, he's looking to change - but be sure that it's real. One thing that is very, very true...you can't save someone from themself. Only they can do that, and you'd hate to see your daughter waste more years of her life on someone not willing to help themself.

And while it might seem terrible for her to through away a long term relationship, remember that once they have kids, she's stuck with this guy forever. Divorce won't get him out of her life, or the kid's life, at that point, and if he really does have a problem, that's just not something you want her to deal with forever.

Good luck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No kids, thank god. he wanted them to get a good life set up before they had kids.

he's trying real hard. now she's never home and he says even though she said she'd try and work it out, she baits him trying to make him made and isnt treating him well at all. if she's going to try, she needs to really try.

all this stuff is just a major downer in my life. its making me so depressed I can hardly stand it. I now think she is making a mistake and acting terrible towards him. even if it didnt work out, she doesnt need to treat him so bad. I know she's my kid and I should be on her side, but I feel its not the right thing.

life just never gets any better. you get through one rough thing and BAM! smacked down again by another.

if there is a god, its sure treating me and my family like shit all the time. nothing ever goes right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12