Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool

I am just listening to a local radio station, and according to what I heard, you can't donate blood here, if you have extensive tattoo art in the body...

What is the story there ? The only thing I found was that there is a wait period of 1 year in some states after you get the art...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I just gave blood on Saturday, I broke the "official" 5 gallon mark (I'm actually more than that, since I didn't always go with Red Cross stations). They have MANY reasons to not give, most of which involve ever having anything breaking your skin ("Have you been bitten by a rabid hamster in the last six weeks? Have you had a brain dura transplant in the last year?")

One other reason for the not allowing too many tattoos is it makes it hard to find a vein! A full sleeve can make it tough to see where to shove the needle (although I'd be happy to tell them where to shove it for you...) [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Andyman:
    It's not the tats they're worried about. It's their lifestyle. 1 to 3 or so tats and you're okay. Anymore than that and you are simply some kind of queer screwing god knows what. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hey what are you trying to say here huhuhuhuh [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] i have 7 does that make me some kind of freak [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] well i guess if you think about it [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool

Originally posted by That Chet Guy:
    I just gave blood on Saturday, I broke the "official" 5 gallon mark (I'm actually more than that, since I didn't always go with Red Cross stations). They have MANY reasons to not give, most of which involve ever having anything breaking your skin ("Have you been bitten by a rabid hamster in the last six weeks? Have you had a brain dura transplant in the last year?")

One other reason for the not allowing too many tattoos is it makes it hard to find a vein! A full sleeve can make it tough to see where to shove the needle (although I'd be happy to tell them where to shove it for you...) [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">- Doctor: "Are you a member of any satanic cult" ?
    - Chet: "Well, I am only part of the Unreal Spawn Board and..."
    - Doctor: "NEXT" !!!!!

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ September 18, 2006 01:43 PM: Message edited by: MM4 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Mortitia:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Andyman:
    It's not the tats they're worried about. It's their lifestyle. 1 to 3 or so tats and you're okay. Anymore than that and you are simply some kind of queer screwing god knows what. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hey what are you trying to say here huhuhuhuh [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] i have 7 does that make me some kind of freak [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] well i guess if you think about it [img]wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No Mort, you're not a freak. I'm simply saying that you are some kind of queer screwing god knows what. Doesn't anybody read around here? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can tell you around here that crap has stopped and they will take blood if you have ink. its recently changed since they check all the blood now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

a while back they wouldnt do folks with tattoos becuase they didnt screen all blood products. thats why you could have gotten disease. no days all the blood and blood products are tested for all diseases. It wasnt you or your way of living that was the problem. it was the chance (a rare chance that they were worried about needles getting used on more than one person, passing on to you. this doesnt go this way at least with most of the shops. the health dept comes and goes over the place to make sure things are done right

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i might be a bad person, but i don't donate blood. they take enough out of me every year and i am terrified of needles [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Standard 1 year wait, with a mandatory Hep B + C test prior to donating.

Of course, if you've had Hep B or C you should refrain from any donating OR tattoo's.

Donating for obvious reasons.
    Tattooing for cross contamination reasons.
    Not so much the tattooist or their shop, but your home, friends, family, work, laundry, community waste water, etc.....

It's one disease not to screw around with.
    Everybody needs their liver! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ September 18, 2006 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Cursedknight ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast