Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seriously, Fall is my favorite season of the year around here. You can't be the colors, the smells or the crisp mornings turning into warmish days. The only downside, at least here in Michigan, is that somebody has to clean up after the party. Translation: raking leaves. Did four trees worth in my yard Friday and Saturday. Got the the family together to do the rents place Sunday (and they live next to some woods!) Then, in an act of random kindness, we did my parents' neighbor's yard too.

You might smell a little Ben-Gay in the coffee this morning. My shoulders are killing me!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

um i think i'll pass on the coffee [img]confused.gif[/img]
    well whenever you're ready you can come down here and get some of my leaves and pinecones [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought the downside was all the political ads (in the governor's race, they are now literally fighting over a teddy bear made in china!)

Raking the leaves sounds like macabee running in corduroy, but a lot better smelling. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Throw some pumpkin spice in the coffeepot, and I'm all over it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i, like a damn idiot, haven't been keeping up with our governors race here. i really need to do some research before i vote! there are some serious issues i think the new one needs to take care of! some that our lovely presidents brother has screwed up [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]
    i work for the state and have kids in school and i haven't paid any attention [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a voting dilemma. Our county has a proposal on the ballot for a county health insurance.

Voting yes will allow people without health insurance an affordable option.

Voting no may allow my wife (who works at the county health department) to keep her job. She works in the breast and cervical (boobs & crotches) department that is funded by state grants. If the health insurance plan gets voted in the state will automatically cut funding to her department.

Tough call. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh wow that would be a tough one...
    i just hope whoever gets voted in here will do something with the fcat test and the disaster all of bush's privatizing has done for the state!

-megalithanod

I am battling with getting use to fall this year.

Since we have pretty much decided a move to Arizona is going to happen by April, I am not sure if it is worth me adjusting to the cold and dealing with the move when it happens, or just fighting the cold so we work harder to make the move. [img]confused.gif[/img]

I know I was cussing last week when I had to scrape my windshields with the first frost, and that is definately one thing I am NOT going to miss

-megalithanod

Originally posted by Andyman:
    I have a voting dilemma. Our county has a proposal on the ballot for a county health insurance.

Voting yes will allow people without health insurance an affordable option.

Voting no may allow my wife (who works at the county health department) to keep her job. She works in the breast and cervical (boobs & crotches) department that is funded by state grants. If the health insurance plan gets voted in the state will automatically cut funding to her department.

Tough call. [img]confused.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is a tough call. Al I can say is TN has something like that called TennCare, and it has nothing but drained funds the last 5 years ans they are trying to recover it to a point where atleast 80% of those that should get it, can.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool

wait a minute....who is Ben Gay ????
    I want my coffee regular, straight !!!! forums

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I don't have trees with leaves on my yard BUT I have family who does and they just lawnmower it.

You keep your grass longer at the beginning of fall and then you wait at the last moment and lawnmower the leaves with your grass and you do two hits one stone. You get your grass short for winter so no small animals (like fieldmice) will use it during winter to stay warm and you get rid of the leaves at the same time.

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ November 06, 2006 10:18 AM: Message edited by: *PORTHOS* ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast