Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ..a hideous dream...(and Sigma Six rant!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i love these figures, great write up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Yeah, the first post was a bit long...

Not that I read it, but it looked tedious while I quickly scrolled to the bottom.

Originally posted by Dark Angel Must Be Destroyed:
    ...I'm so fucking glad I wrote all that for two goddamned, three-fucking-line replies that don't relate to it in any manner whatsofuckingever.

Howzat for DA-style?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now, this one is much better.

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ January 30, 2006 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Dajistein ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i like the style of the sculpt, but it's GI Joe... ya know? Which means it's kinda gay... I think i am gonna pick up that ninja base thing from the small GI Joe dolls to use for my ninja mez-itz...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

see, Jor's got is backwards again.
    it's GI Joe, which SHOULD make it cool, but the style of sculpting makes it gay.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've actually been thinking about picking up Snake eyes myself...They do look cool.. It'd also be the first figure I've bought in a month or two.. (Seeing as how most of my stuff now is going towards the 12" sideshow stuff and statues)

I have been holding out waiting to get an Astonishing X-men Wolverine from ML12 (don't know why, but I kinda like the new costume).. I've also been up in the air about getting a Venom from the new Spiderman line (even though his "action feature" sucks, I mean come on, push a button on his back and his jaw moves slightly, but he's got a pretty decent sculpt.. one of the better ones)

But with the more expensive stuff starting to come up (Sideshow Dr. Doom, the sideshow 12"ers) and planning the wedding and all, my $ for collecting is dwindling.

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ January 31, 2006 10:15 AM: Message edited by: AoD the Peacemaker ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn you... See what you did? I went and got Snake Eyes..... The misses is gonna kill me (which is why he'll probably stay at work for a while.. least until I get my income tax back)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AoD the Peacemaker:
    Damn you...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...that seems...redundant...

...plus, this doesn't even begin to make up for the fact that you inspired me to drop $50 plus tax on the Black Beast, Mr. Peacemaker... [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

What can I say? They are growing on me. But no, they can never replace the classic wee figures.

Peeks...the sculpts are just something you gotta get used to. I can tolerate the anime style so long as they are continuing the 3.75 inch line as online exclusives. Should the style eclipse the classic...uh...eh...I dunno about that...

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ January 31, 2006 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Dark Angel Must Be Destroyed ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AoD the Peacemaker:
    .. I've also been up in the air about getting a Venom from the new Spiderman line (even though his "action feature" sucks, I mean come on, push a button on his back and his jaw moves slightly, but he's got a pretty decent sculpt.. one of the better ones)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...here are some details about him.

I love the sculpt, and hated the action feature and jaw position. But, thanks to the rubber head, I could pop the whole head off, cut out the paddle that works the jaw and jam a bent paperclip into the slot. Slip the hed back on and use the paperclip as an armature to re-position the jaw to suit you. Viola! Uh, I mean...voila!

...and the rubber that the head is made of seems to be pretty good quality, regardless of the reviewer's fears...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Peeker:
    see, Jor's got is backwards again.
    it's GI Joe, which SHOULD make it cool, but the style of sculpting makes it gay.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">actually you're both insanly wrong. first off you're canadian and can never truely appreciate the great american hero even if they do paint a maple leafe on your Joe Battle tanks [img]tongue.gif[/img] Sigma Six is one of the best new lines to come out in a looooong time, it's superior to the little guys in every way weather you grampas will say it or not. and jor....well i just don't have much to respond to that ignorant comment...the joes are part of the US army which means if they were in fact gay as you've suggested they would've been kicked out long ago [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12