Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Troop realignment is a very good idea....we should take troops from places in Europe & Asia where they have been basically doing nothing for years, bring them and their families home....then send them after the terrorists all over the world.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by SlappyMcNasty:
    Troop realignment is a very good idea....we should take troops from places in Europe & Asia where they have been basically doing nothing for years, bring them and their families home....then send them after the terrorists all over the world.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">While spending billions of dollars and hurting our relations with countries like Germany and South Korea in the process. I don't think this "War On Terror" (which I think is total BS in the first place) is so hot and heavy all over the world that it warrants the kind of troop movements that Bush is talking about. I would feel better having troops around a place like North Korea, where there are actually weapons of mass destruction.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He'll just send them back if he wins another four years. This is just a front.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

"War On Terror" (which I think is total BS in the first place)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Winner for stupidest thing I've read on the internet today is....Vreenak....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">"War On Terror" (which I think is total BS in the first place)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Winner for stupidest thing I've read on the internet today is....Vreenak....</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bring up politics on message boards and you're always guaranteed to have some true winners.

I personally try to stay out of this stuff. And religion too. I don't know which is the worst subject for message boards, but they're definitely up there.

<font color="#dedfdf" size="1">[ August 16, 2004 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Bungle ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Mr. Bungle:
    I personally try to stay out of this stuff. And religion too. I don't know which is the worst subject for message boards, but they're definitely up there.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">3 things i try to stay away from:

Politics
    Religion
    Fav sports team(s)

All end up being useless discussions (or more likely arguments) that never go anywhere

<font color="#dedfdf" size="1">[ August 16, 2004 04:56 PM: Message edited by: UrashimaNick ]</font>

Inactive Member Halitosis Crunch's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's unfortunately a huge pipe dream.

Here we have one candidate that vows to fight terrorism swiftly and abruptly with expendable soldiers that he's going to have to pull out of his ass.

Then with the current president, we get double talking and bullshit apologetics trying to defend his fuck ups and shortcomings. He's the type to reinstate the draft to cover his ass.

I can smell the bullshit from miles away.

<font color="#dedfdf" size="1">[ August 16, 2004 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Halitosis Crunch ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">"War On Terror" (which I think is total BS in the first place)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Winner for stupidest thing I've read on the internet today is....Vreenak....</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, I agree with Vreenak. It's not a war on terror, it's a war on Daddy's enemies. If they were really worried about terror and the danger of attacks, Iraq would not be at the top of the list.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Winner for stupidest thing I've read on the internet today is....Vreenak....</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh please Shockwave. For close to three years now we've been listening to Bush spout off at the mouth about this "war on terror" and "crimes against freedom." The entire thing is a bunch of bullshit. First off, what crimes against freedom have been commited? Obviously, it's a horrible horrible thing that so many people have died in the Al Qaeda attacks, but the LAST thing bin Laden and his cronies are protesting is freedom. When some guy goes out and kills his wife, not once do you hear anyone say, "What a horrible crime he commited against her freedom!" It's overstated horseshit aimed at keeping people scared. And Bush doesn't stop there. In his speeches you hear him make references to threats to our very way of life and civilization. I'm really really sorry to all those out there who are swinging from Bush's nuts, but Al Qaeda is a little ill-equipped to wage that sort of a war against us. As for the "war on terror," it's like saying, "we're going to get rid of bad intentions," or frowns, or mean people, or assholes who cut you off in traffic. It's just not going to happen. And exactly who are we chasing out there right now? Besides members of Al Qaeda (which makes total sense), the only other person we've gone after is Saddam Hussein. And seeing as how there's not really a logical bridge between bin Laden and Hussein (Hussein had no WMD and there was no proof that the two men were in contact), we're left wondering if the Bush camp was using the 9/11 attacks as an excuse to follow their own agenda.

The Terror Alert stuff, "crimes against freedom," "the war on terror." It's all meant to keep people afraid. Even crap like the scheduling of the Republican National Convention (Never has a Republican Convention been held in New York City, and never has one been scheduled so late in the year. It ends just before September 11th) is meant to play off of people's emotions. So, like I said in my original post, I think the War On Terror is total bullshit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What do you guys think about this? It sounds good at face value, but it seems a lot of big wigs are pretty upset over it.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast