Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cr0w:
    Bush supporters have put up with so much shit that, by now, they're desensitized to everything and are blind to the fact that he's a megalomaniacal fuckwad who is going to start WW3 if he's not taken right the fuck out of office.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow cr0w you have seriously changed your stance, atleast here in cyberspace, over the last couple of years...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't you find it ironic that the US's War on Terror is just causing terror in other parts of the world?

I'd call it 'The Terror Displacement Initiative'.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by SlappyMcNasty:
    I guess the intelligent thing for the US to do is sit back, do nothing like the previous Administration and wait for a chemical, biloigcal, or nuclear attack on US soil and then ask the UN if it's OK for us to do something about it....would that make everyone happy....?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think people like you get so wrapped up in this pointless rhetoric that you don't even really know what it means anymore. Al Qaeda attacked us, so it makes sense that we would go after them. They commited a crime against our country, and we should go after those that commited this crime just like the police would go after a killer. However, it is wrong to use 9/11 and this bullshit "war on terror" as excuses so that Bush can have free reign in chasing whoever he wants. There was NO connection between bin Laden and Hussein. I'm not saying that the world isn't a better place with Hussein out of power, I'm just saying that he wasn't at the top of the list of people we needed to be worried about.

As for your "ask the UN if it's OK for us to do something about it" comment, of course that's what we need to do! It was America that started the United Nations! And if we're going to help set down those rules, then we also have to follow them, because we're big-people and we live in a big-people world. We can't just go off and pick fights with whoever we want. People/the UN weren't/wasn't getting all hot and bothered over us fighting in Afghanistan, because they saw what they had done to us, there was physical proof there. There was NONE of that in Iraq. The UN Security Council concluded in 2003 that the threat from Iraq was too small to justify a second war, and Bush ignored them. Not only was that in and of itself wrong, it was wrong because it hurt our relations with our allies and the way the world looked at us. Precautions need to be taken, I agree with that, but you can't hide under your bed all day or go to war with everyone who looks at you wrong just because they're a potential terrorist.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Chairman Kaga:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by cr0w:
    Bush supporters have put up with so much shit that, by now, they're desensitized to everything and are blind to the fact that he's a megalomaniacal fuckwad who is going to start WW3 if he's not taken right the fuck out of office.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow cr0w you have seriously changed your stance, atleast here in cyberspace, over the last couple of years...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I woke up and started forming my own opinions rather than letting those of my peers (I live right smack in the middle of conservative Texas) influence them. I can't see how we could survive another 4 years under Bush.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Spliff:
    You're fucking retarded Shockwave.

<font color="#dedfdf"><font size="1">[ August 18, 2004 12:42 AM: Message edited by: Spliff ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Isn't that a little too personal Spliff? I have said nothing towards you personally....I don't appreciate it and I hope you're banned for it. Some people don't think others should have their own opinions....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nobody's getting banned, least of all those who don't send me PM's whining about what someone else said.

Look, I've asked people time and again not to discuss politics on here, and my requests have gone ignored. If you fuckers want to discuss this shit in a place I've asked you not to, deal with the responses. Fuck.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Plus the "War on Terror" is hypocrititcal....
    I don't see US politicians or the Bush Administration crying out to stop racial genocide in Sierra Leone, Indonesia, the Congo (to name unfortunately only a fraction of the places this is currently happening)....or to stop groups that have been fighting for years with terror tactics like the Tutsis and the Hutus, the IRA, Chenyan Rebels, or the Aum Shinri Kyo....maybe it's because these people don't have any natural resources that large US corporations can plunder.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Chairman Kaga:
    I don't see US politicians or the Bush Administration crying out to stop racial genocide in Sierra Leone, Indonesia, the Congo (to name unfortunately only a fraction of the places this is currently happening)....or to stop groups that have been fighting for years with terror tactics like the Tutsis and the Hutus, the IRA, Chenyan Rebels, or the Aum Shinri Kyo....maybe it's because these people don't have any natural resources that large US corporations can plunder.....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...or maybe it's because those people are not threats to the safety of Americans abroad and mainly on American soil

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're fucking retarded Shockwave.

<font color="#dedfdf" size="1">[ August 18, 2004 12:42 AM: Message edited by: Spliff ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by SlappyMcNasty:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Chairman Kaga:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...or maybe it's because those people are not threats to the safety of Americans abroad and mainly on American soil</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well then it isn't a War on Terror is it? It's a "War on Those Who the Administration Determines to Be a Direct 'Threat' to the US".....But that doesn't have the same ring to it...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast