Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do they even MAKE Fullscreen DVDs anymore?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I get that......I don't agree at all, but I get it.

I didn't understand this though: "I have a flat-screen TV, so the picture is not really cut off."

THAT makes no sense.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, brooks be on drugs. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I do understand fullscreen if you have a small TV.

Watching widescreen on my 17" monitor is kind of annoying sometimes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The viewing area on a flat screen TV is slightly bigger than that of a rounded screen. That was my point. A rounded screen is easy to tell where the picture is cut off. At least with the flat screen I can pretend I am getting the full view of the film. If I hadn't just paid $1250 for this maybe I could afford a widescreen TV.
    IM000058

IM000059

At least I have a widescreen in my car. All 6.5 inches of it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I am not saying that I prefer my TV to a widescreen. I would much rather have a widescreen. All I'm saying is I would much rather rent a fullscreen DVD for the TV I have. Geez tough crowd here all of a sudden.

<font color="#dedfdf"><font size="1">[ August 11, 2004 10:00 AM: Message edited by: brooks55 ]</font></font>

<font color="#dedfdf" size="1">[ August 11, 2004 10:01 AM: Message edited by: brooks55 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, but you're still pretending that you have the whole picture.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

right, because flat screen or not, you're watching the cut-up version of the film. The TV doesn't decide what to cut off, it's already cut off when you buy the DVD.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i work at suncoast. don't get me started on the "fullscreen" people. just today this guy complained to me for 10 minutes about how he would rather buy a movie in VHS than get a movie in widescreen. another time there was a drunk guy buying 50 First Dates and spent forever making sure it was fullscreen and bitching about "thos fuckin' piece of shit black things on da screen"

christ...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

^ lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Bigbeltz:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by brooks55:
    The viewing area on a flat screen TV is slightly bigger than that of a rounded screen. That was my point. A rounded screen is easy to tell where the picture is cut off. At least with the flat screen I can pretend I am getting the full view of the film. If I hadn't just paid $1250 for this maybe I could afford a widescreen TV.
    IM000058

IM000059

At least I have a widescreen in my car. All 6.5 inches of it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I am not saying that I prefer my TV to a widescreen. I would much rather have a widescreen. All I'm saying is I would much rather rent a fullscreen DVD for the TV I have. Geez tough crowd here all of a sudden.

<font color="#dedfdf"><font size="1">[ August 11, 2004 10:00 AM: Message edited by: brooks55 ]</font></font>

<font color="#dedfdf"><font size="1">[ August 11, 2004 10:01 AM: Message edited by: brooks55 ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I still don't like the idea of a TV in a car...It will be the death of meaningful fmily/friend road trips...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I only use it for music. What's a road trip without music? [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#dedfdf" size="1">[ August 12, 2004 09:16 AM: Message edited by: brooks55 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by brooks55:
    IM000058

IM000059

<font color="#dedfdf"><font size="1">[ August 11, 2004 10:01 AM: Message edited by: brooks55 ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I still don't like the idea of a TV in a car...It will be the death of meaningful fmily/friend road trips...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123