Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

ARMOR WARS SPOILERS

I ended up liking the variety of characters in FF, but this set has the most characters that I've never heard of before since IC and HT. I think I'll do some research. I have to put my mind at ease about this ClixBrick business...

--------------------------------------------------

FF SPOILERS ARE JUST A CLICK AWAY

Meh.

"[W]e've had leaks out of the administrative branch, had leaks out of the legislative branch, and out of the executive branch and the legislative branch, and I've spoken out consistently against them, and I want to know who the leakers are."

<font color="#99FFCC" size="1">[ September 21, 2005 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Avatar of Imbalance ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, we have confirmed the leak. It was BroMags himself. That's his job, after all.

But, I'm glad I saw this. Now I can confirm what I already new: Fantastic Forces is going to suck.

No unique is truly worth getting. I may see myself getting a few boosters, simply to satisfy my fix, but I'll only go after the few figures I want. Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Shocker, Dr. Strange, maybe Vulture and Juggernaut, but the set is largely weak and unimpressive.

Oh, and we've been invaded by X-Statix. Now I can watch the game spiral into crapulence from here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

At least the sucky Uniques aren't taking up nearly as much space as they would if they were REV. I'm really looking forward to a big handful of the "commons," like Shocker, Iron Fist, and Cage. I think just about ALL of the "remakes" were warranted: new FF, decent Vulture, more powerful Juggernaut, improved (original) Hawkeye, tournament-legal Dr. Strange, the REAL Green Goblin, an REV Nightcrawler...

However, I'm pretty disappointed in some of the dials. Why are the remakes (like Xavier, Strange, and Nightcrawler) so similar to the versions we already have? Is this Professor X really that much better than the IC version? Reprinting "broken" characters is pointless if they're not going to actually be "fixed."

Anyway, I've always looked forward more to the REV's. It annoys me that so many people judge a set based solely on the almighty U's. No wonder so many people were disappointed in Xplosion. They were just looking at Apocalypse and U Elektra, not Taskmaster, Beast, Shadowcat, Iceman, Abomination, Doc Samson, Mandarin, Psylocke, and all of the other highly useful REV's. I still think it's one of the best sets to date; maybe THE best. Even the generics were great. Ninjas and SWAT dudes are still worth their prices, and the hookers and medics were obviously TOO damned good. To hell with the Uniques.

So, yes I'm disappointed with the U's in this set, but that's nothing out of the ordinary. I'm just glad Juggernaut, Green Goblin, Namor, AREN'T uniques. Sure, they'd make the top 12 more interesting, but the set would suck more overall. In fact, I'm glad a bunch of sack snackers like Warlock, Volcano, and that Domino guy ARE Uniques. I don't want tards like that in every other booster. I'm glad they'll be rare. I really wish Harpoon and Arclight had been Uniques. I would have had much better MM pulls.

Now that the roster's out, here are some other random thoughts:
    -Spider-Man and Wolverines are Uniques, as they should be.

-A Hulk-less set!? Holy shit, I owe someone a dollar. The MM REV was well-deserved, but 3 LE's in one set? Major overkill. I'm still waiting for the definitive Hulk (basically Ultimate Hulk with Charge and no activation click), but I can certainly wait. I never thought I'd see the day. Now ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING WOLVERINES!

-2099 Spider-Man? LAME!! Stop trying to make Marvel ridiculously weak and inferior. Give us Cosmic Spider-Man! This would have been a great set for him.

-Xstatics? LAME! Warlock and that chick on the flying pony beat the hell out of that poseur-goth Orphan bitch. If they want to throw in more X-shit, I can think of at least 10 better choices...and I'm not even an X-fan.

-Cannonball. To hell with the survey results, and boo-hoo for the billions of fans who voted for this X-guy. I wanted Shocker and Green Goblin. Yay for me. Now, about Chameleon...

-Jesus Titty-Fucking Christ! A new Serpent Society member!? Who saw THAT coming? Could a Constrictor remake REALLY be on the horizon? Hell, we're getting a new Vulture, so I guess anything's possible.

-Yeah, Nimrod looks good, but....meh. I'm not really a fan of the 200+pt. god figures, but why the hell is this plot gimmick one of the very few (non-con-exclusive) Marvel guys in the same league with so many DC punks? Marvel HC really does need AND deserve a new Surfer and Thanos...and a 3rd attempt at Dr. Doom. As someone said on the "official" forum, Ultimate Thor should be remade with Super Strength, just because his price SHOULD be that much higher, even if he's less efficient.

I forget what I was getting at, and I doubt anyone's read this much, but...the topic had something to do with a "leak." I took about 4 of them while typing this, but that's not "relevant." What's almost "on-topic" is that Brother Magneto is full of shit. It's a known fact. He takes credit for the leak like Hezbollah takes credit every time a kid puts a cherry bomb in the toilet.
    1. He likes to feel important.
    2. He wants to discourage future "leaks," by stealing the thunder of those truly responsible.
    3. Then again, people are already getting their issues, and this "leak" doesn't mean much of anything.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Personally I like this set. Of course I havn't gotten a booster since Critical Mass. (Low funds will do that to you) I would love to get the new spidey and shocker, the sculpt on spider-man is really cool. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I'm still scratching my head as to why they expect us to pay more for boosters of this set. They had to have made a swell bargain for 80% of these character licenses, but lord forbid they pass the savings on to the consumer. Oh wait, I forgot that all the unused MK peanut dials had to be dusted off. The canned air must have really set them back.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've always said air dusters are to be used strictly for cleaning keyboards and not your sinuses.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lol, I would have to agree Mox, though it does a damn decent job cleaning both.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd heed the man's warnings, lest you, too, shall whistle through your ears.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dwnq

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They listened! They made the spidey I havn't wanted since explosion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to save 20+ bucks and go buy it. And a banshee for my dad. Maybe I will send paladin over to melvin the jerk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast