Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ehh. Mild spoilers?

Yess! It's that day again,when I sneak out of work 10 minutes early and race down to the old city to get my little stack of X-books. And what a stack it was this time!
    Minimarvels...hardly a 'crawlerbook, not even an X-book. But it sure was fun. I have a weak spot for the irreverent, and this alone would have been enough to make my week.
    I loved Uncanny #400 too. It had interesting art, it was unusual, and somehow I found myself liking X-stacy. She's a gutsy concept, and seemed to be done in a relatively tasteful way. Best of all, something is finally done with Nightcrawler. Whatever it is, I certainly hope it kicks him out of his current status quo.
    Oh, and Wolvie motherhenning over Nightie was heartwarming, and so very in character.

Ultimate #12 was wonderful, and had Genuine Proper German.
    Exiles I haven't read yet, but from what I've seen it's best read in bed with some soul music on. Which is what I plan to do later on smile

Life is great!

------------------
    BLUE-ELF.COM- hangout for the Nightcrawler-obsessed.

http://www.blue-elf.com

[This message has been edited by Elwing (edited December 07, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

You're killing me, Elwing! I must wait till Monday before I can get these. They come to Sweden friday evening / saturday morning, so I can't get them...

Wait!
    I might be able to get them tomorrow - oh, happy me! The shop is open a short while on Saturdays, and I might just make it. *wishing with all my heart*

------------------
    ===={::??@m??::}====
    "Verdammte Ausl?nder!", Nightcrawler, Ultimate X-Men #10

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

gah, that does it, insane ammounts of homework or not, i'm going to the store tomorrow... atleast my school bookstore has started carrying Ultimate in addition to the 3 core X books. tho, they do come out late, but i dunno if i wanna wait for 400... and i still havent picked up Nightcrawler or Origin 3 or the last 2 issues of Exiles... and i think i wanna checkout the Millenial Visions if they still have some copies... is Muties out? i wanna see that too.

wolverine motherhenning over nightcrawler? is this after the Supreme Pontiff got to him? wow, sounds like casey is starting to use their real personalitis now... i was beginning to wonder when/if their friendship would make its way into caseys uncanny! before they pretty much just talked as team-mates not really friends.

[This message has been edited by Nocturne (edited December 07, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Damn, now I'll have to walk all the way through a raging snowstorm uphill both ways (really) to see if proper bookstores get their comics in on time even here. I have to see this!

------------------
    "Let's just file it under U for uncanny and move on."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dang. Now I'm upset because we won't get the comics here in the boonies until quite a long time. frown

------------------
    No matter where you go, no matter what you do, no matter what troubles you may encounter in life --- there are nine hundred million people in China who really couldn?t care less. So you might as well have a good time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if you're killing gnarhf, i'm already dead.... is going to be a pain in the a@@ to get all those issues, but i'll do it.
    wolverine motherhenning over Nightie?
    s l a s h y...

------------------
    give me a kiss tall and dark bamfsome!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Well, you may not like it as much as I did...I seem to have pretty wierd taste. why is it that the critics never agree with me? I mean, http://www.cinescape.com/8/editorial...e&obj_id=31591 . I rather liked that, I thought the character was fleshed out well at least. Admittedly, there were major plot holes (Nighty giving away his and father what's his name identities to that slavedriver chick was a little stoopid at least)But okay, who am I?
    I can already hear the boohooing about Uncanny #400 (horrible art! Too experimental!)on the horizon...But I still liked it.
    *sigh*

besides, I think that Wolverine scene qualifies for Rex' slashy moments gallery.. wink
    ------------------
    BLUE-ELF.COM- hangout for the Nightcrawler-obsessed.

http://www.blue-elf.com

[This message has been edited by Elwing (edited December 09, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I know Kurt is religious, but does every other line have to include a theological subtext? Never mind that every other character is a stereotype of some sort, I expect Nightcrawler - the book's star - to have some conviction in his words instead of sounding like a newly christened choirboy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't find any fault with this... reviews are worthless though. Just ignore them. (Unless of course they fit your own opinion. Nothing better than a review that agrees with you. wink)

Anyway it turns out that even bookstores (as opposed to gas stations) don't get their comics on time here. They expect Uncanny #400 "probably sometime next week, maybe." rolleyes

------------------
    "Let's just file it under U for uncanny and move on."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I've just read Exiles 7, Uncanny 400 and Ultimate 12 - I think I'm even more excited after reading them than I was before!

How come no one is discussing these issues? Oh, well. I must confess, Marvel really has made me astonished - such a long sentence in German! Spitze!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Hier drinnen wurden bereits genug Leben ruiniert. Ich werde nicht zulassen, da? John Wraith dich auch zum Killer macht.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is so fun, Marvel finally speaks better German than me (which really doesn't say much). And the sentence in Uncanny was correct! They must be seriously damaged over there at Marvel... And, oh, so fun it was hearing Kurt saying something else than ?Guten Tag!?, just if it was ?Guten Abend!?

------------------
    "Verdammte Ausl?nder!", Nightcrawler, Ultimate X-Men #10

[This message has been edited by gnahrf (edited December 10, 2001).]