Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I know a lot of people here (me included) wanted to see Philips do a full issue of Uncanny... well, he is!

in Joe Casey's own words:

"In the bone-throwing department, some comicbook-related news. Exclusives, even. As Ron Garney kicks ass on the regular UNCANNY X-MEN penciling gig, Marvel likes to plan ahead in case some scheduling mishap occurs? so occasional fill-ins are scheduled on the art side of things. But, of course, this being New Marvel, even the fill-ins tend to be top-notch (how else would you explain Igor Kordey filling in on NEW X-MEN? That guy is fantastic?). Well, hell, we?ve got our own secret weapon lined up to fill-in on UNCANNY X-MEN #405. You might?ve heard of him? Sean Phillips. Oh yes, the man who made me look good on WILDCATS has graciously agreed to provide the occasional fill-in on my quaint little X-book and I couldn?t be more thrilled. Normally, fill-ins can be a real drag (the break in your energy with the regular artist, the fear that your editor will choose an artist who you won?t be in synch with, you get my drift?), but having Sean draw an issue of the ?X? has been an absolute blast. He certainly kicked ass on his portion of issue #400. As a bonus, we?ve even got him doing the cover. UNCANNY X-MEN #405 should be out in April?"

the only way i could be happier was if Garney aws the fill in and Philips was the regular artist, but, the way Casey puts it, it sound like if Garney quits for whatever reason, Philips is next in line for lead artist on the book. joy!

------------------
    <A HREF="http://www.bronzepig.com" TARGET=_blank>
    My Homepage - art and animation gallery mostly</A>
    <A HREF="http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/j/i/jill/jill.html" TARGET=_blank>
    My Elfwood Fantasy Art Gallery- from here access my Fan Art and Sci-Fi galleries</A>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

YAYYYY!!!!!

Thanks for the good news, Jill!

------------------
    Rex Luscus
    ===={::??@m??::}====

http://www22.brinkster.com/nightcrawler/ ~ the Nightcrawler Index

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

He's the one that draws chest hair all squiggly, right?

------------------
    "Let's just file it under U for uncanny and move on."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

er.... chest hair...? he's the one that drew the bit with Nightcrawler encountering the Supreme Pontiff and the very last part in Uncanny 400. but if you really want to see him and Casey at work try and get one of the issues of Wildcats that the two worked on. pure magic. if Phillips was filling on on New or something, i'd think it was cool and all, but there is something about him and Casey together that jsut *works* i dunno why it is but they just mesh very well together as a team

speakiong of Casey, i just read Children of the Atom and have a newfound respect for him, it was really good! no wonder his take on Iceman and Archangel are the best out of the bunch in Uncanny, he wrote thier origins... (well, his take on them...) i mean they both have been thru a lot of changes since then, especially Angel, but... man, he's gotta do some in depth personal issues, you know, just exploring the characters, that's what he's good at.

in the first part it kinda reminded me of X-Men Evolution but taken to extremes tongue i guess it was just the whole x-men in high school aspect of it...

oh! more news, Phillips is also doing 404!! (and Garney is considered to be the full artist now? lesse, he did 401, 402, that guy who did the Rogue mini doing 403, and Phillips doing 404+405.... hmmm...) actually, Philips has done quite a bit on the recent Uncanny, but he only did layouts before 400, 397 and 398 have him credited for layouts, i just realized... he and casey must be friends, like i mean more than your typical artist to writer relationship.

------------------
    <A HREF="http://www.bronzepig.com" TARGET=_blank>
    My Homepage - art and animation gallery mostly</A>
    <A HREF="http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/j/i/jill/jill.html" TARGET=_blank>
    My Elfwood Fantasy Art Gallery- from here access my Fan Art and Sci-Fi galleries</A>

[This message has been edited by Nocturne (edited January 07, 2002).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Rex is so happy, it must be the guy who draws squiggly chest hair. wink Seriously, take a glance at Wolvie's chest as seen in the last few pages of #400.

------------------
    "Let's just file it under U for uncanny and move on."