Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't received my #3 yet frown

------------------
    "Rude To Point" Kurt as he teleports John Proudstars finger off yuk , X-Calibre #1

===={::??@m??::}====

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have liked this series since the beginning. The third issue was great, so sad but great. All the characters are awesome. The world-weary priest being a particular stand out. The prostitute's introspection was a nice touch. It made her a sympathetic, trapped victim instead of a traitor.

Poor Nighty, he tries so hard to always do the right thing. *snnniff...*

BTW, has anybody seen the preview of the cover for the last issue? I haven't seen it, and since they've been getting progressively darker, I'm wondering what it'll be.

------------------
    ~Award-winning designer of Norway's lovely crinkly edges.~

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't seen it, and I'm very much looking forward to it. Those covers are absolutely awesome!

------------------
    BLUE-ELF.COM- hangout for the Nightcrawler-obsessed.

http://www.blue-elf.com

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't wait for the newest cover! They keep getting better. I am all for this series. It really gives us a glimpse of Kurt's "human" side. To see him fighting a villian that is not some vauge, superpowered psyco is such a refreshing change. The idea of an almost demonic looking person fighting against an evil that looks the same as the rest of us has a nice twist of irony. Makes you wonder where the real evil is, doesn't it?

------------------
    No matter where you go, no matter what you do, no matter what troubles you may encounter in life --- there are nine hundred million people in China who really couldn?t care less. So you might as well have a good time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, in all the previews/advertisements for ish #4 that I have seen, they haven't provided a cover or anything, at all. I hate/love this suspense...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was sort of planning on doing this after the NC mini was fully out. By this point, however, I feel those who are going to buy it are not going to stop on my account, nor would I want them to.

Overall the Mini ranks "Dance - 10, Looks - 3".... wink

Dance 10: Kipiniak is possibly one of the most insightful writers I have ever encountered (in this field). The best thing I can do here is compare him to the other writer who is currently "challenging Kurt's faith". Chris takes a real-life situation that is insoluble to priest or hero. The story is utterly compelling because it is a human story... Elwing put it so elegantly:

"But it's intelligent storytelling, the kind we rarely see at Marvel. It is chilling in its realism. All the characters are well-written and believable. I like the priest character especially; he is a flawed individual. A disappointed man and an alcoholic, but likable and recognizable because of it."

Casey's writing with "the Supreme Pontiff" becomes more than a little farcical compared. "My zap-o-matic will take care of you, O blue one with the fuzz...."

Looks 3: Not sure about the decision makers at Marvel, never have been tho. I will NEVER buy a title with these artists names on the cover again. Many fan artists do better in their spare time. The art is blocky and so ugly it detracts from the story. We are missing half of what would make this a monumental story, because, in this medium, the story and art are ONE.

I could rant about Quesada and his decisions but in the end I (almost) gotta admire the man. He has to make every decision knowing he will not be making a huge number of people upset with it. You can't please everyone, and his resources (artists and writers) only stretch so far. So instead, I will congratulate him on handing us such a well written story, going for the substance that WE want over pretty pictures.

I still don't think Kurt should be a priest. I never will, his gifts lie elsewhere. But if you are going to tell stories about him in the priesthood, they should be good ones. Hrmmm goes back to look at AoA and dream about the direction I would have had kurt go in....

Yours more than my own,
    BamfKat
    "Come here and pull my finger..." BAMF!

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BamfKat:
    I was sort of planning on doing this after the NC mini was fully out. By this point, however, I feel those who are going to buy it are not going to stop on my account, nor would I want them to.

Overall the Mini ranks "Dance - 10, Looks - 3".... wink

Dance 10: Kipiniak is possibly one of the most insightful writers I have ever encountered (in this field). The best thing I can do here is compare him to the other writer who is currently "challenging Kurt's faith". Chris takes a real-life situation that is insoluble to priest or hero. The story is utterly compelling because it is a human story... Elwing put it so elegantly:

"But it's intelligent storytelling, the kind we rarely see at Marvel. It is chilling in its realism. All the characters are well-written and believable. I like the priest character especially; he is a flawed individual. A disappointed man and an alcoholic, but likable and recognizable because of it."

Casey's writing with "the Supreme Pontiff" becomes more than a little farcical compared. "My zap-o-matic will take care of you, O blue one with the fuzz...."

Looks 3: Not sure about the decision makers at Marvel, never have been tho. I will NEVER buy a title with these artists names on the cover again. Many fan artists do better in their spare time. The art is blocky and so ugly it detracts from the story. We are missing half of what would make this a monumental story, because, in this medium, the story and art are ONE.

I could rant about Quesada and his decisions but in the end I (almost) gotta admire the man. He has to make every decision knowing he will not be making a huge number of people upset with it. You can't please everyone, and his resources (artists and writers) only stretch so far. So instead, I will congratulate him on handing us such a well written story, going for the substance that WE want over pretty pictures.

I still don't think Kurt should be a priest. I never will, his gifts lie elsewhere. But if you are going to tell stories about him in the priesthood, they should be good ones. Hrmmm goes back to look at AoA and dream about the direction I would have had kurt go in....

Yours more than my own,
    BamfKat

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*sigh* great review Bamfcat...! i wish you were reviewing it over at X-Fan isntead of er.. whoever it is.. he's completely trashed every issue so far. and since it is such a hih profile site, i think it is unforunatley influencing sales... as soon as X-Fan is back up i say we all go and let this guy have it, eh? wink the guy obviously knows squat about Nighty, he thought him going beserk inthe last issue, and him being unsure of himself sometimes was outa character.. pffft!

Jill... who is downloading the Phantom Edit this very second! woo! of course it will be several hours till i can actually *watch* it...

------------------
    <A HREF="http://www.bronzepig.com" TARGET=_blank>
    My Homepage - art and animation gallery mostly</A>
    <A HREF="http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/j/i/jill/jill.html" TARGET=_blank>
    My Elfwood Fantasy Art Gallery- from here access my Fan Art and Sci-Fi galleries</A>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nocturne:

*sigh* great review Bamfcat...! i wish you were reviewing it over at X-Fan isntead of er.. whoever it is.. he's completely trashed every issue so far...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Where do I send my resume'? If I get all my favorite titles free to review I will work for free! wink

BamfKat

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just go to X-Fan and write Eric Moreels wink I'm sure he'd be happy to have another reviewer X-Fan is now located at http://www.x-mencomics.com and is back up aparently

------------------
    <A HREF="http://www.bronzepig.com" TARGET=_blank>
    My Homepage - art and animation gallery mostly</A>
    <A HREF="http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/j/i/jill/jill.html" TARGET=_blank>
    My Elfwood Fantasy Art Gallery- from here access my Fan Art and Sci-Fi galleries</A>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12