Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

jsut trying to get people talking again after the outage...

it seems that Kitty Pryde will be featured in an upcoming issue of Unlimited along with Nightcrawler, mouring Colossus' death. the artist Darik Robertson (Transmetropolitan) says: "The story I'm doing with Greg is one that brings out the X-geek in both of us," Robertson told X-Fan on Monday. "It's a quiet story that reminds me of what I loved about the X-Men when {Chris} Claremont was at his best and Paul Smith was drawing the book. It involves Kitty Pryde mourning {Colossus}, and coming to terms {with the fact} that despite all the super-villains and X-Men craziness, he really is dead and having to cope with that loss. Nightcrawler is in it as well, and those are two of my favorite X-Men from when I was a teenager reading X-Men. Growing up, dreaming of a career in comics, this was the kind of story I wanted to draw."

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ May 20, 2002 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Nocturne ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds cool. When's this slated to come out? It certainly has been a while since Peter's death though. And considering Kitty got that solo issue where she took his ashes to Russia to scatter, I figured that story had already been told. Kurt got a dealing with death story too, back in Unlimited last year.

I imagine this may be with Kurt playing as counselor to Kitty, since he had that unofficial team counselor role back in the day (and sometimes still now) and that's the time frame the author identifies with.

I'll have to pick it up.

:^D

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I might have to take a look at that if I ever get the chance.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Slartibartfast:
    Sounds cool. When's this slated to come out? It certainly has been a while since Peter's death though. And considering Kitty got that solo issue where she took his ashes to Russia to scatter, I figured that story had already been told. Kurt got a dealing with death story too, back in Unlimited last year.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

i remembered that! it was so sad! and i thought kitty will never come back, i'm glad she is back cuz she's one of my favourites. this is A must see story!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have really missed Kitty, and especially Kurt and Kitty together...they were really close and it hasn't been the same without her.
    I cant stand snotty Evo Kitty... the REAL Kitty is nothing like that, I only hope that the writer will remember that.
    Still holding out for a Kurt and Kitty team-up.
    *sigh* I MISS Excaliber.....
    Pandora the hopelessly nostalgic

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah, they were great together... but Claremont has Kitty now, to be starring in MechaniX, so we will ahve to make do with this Unlimited story, sicne it will be highly doubtful Kitty will be showing up in Uncanny, or Kurt in MechaniX [img]frown.gif[/img]

anyway, someone posted a better idea of what this story is about, and it sounds pretty cool, actually. it does not take place in the past right after he died, but present day (so kurt will be finding her agian after she cut ties with the school, nifty) Kitty sees someone who looks remarkably like Colossus, another student at college or something, i dunno. she gets the idea in her head that he is back somehow (not exactly unreasonable in the X-Mens world, i suppose [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) then Kurt talks some sense into her, and together they remember Colossus, and what a great guy he was.

all i can say is: awwwwwwwww..... great thing about this too is, they changed the format of Unlimited back to it's original, one story taking up the entire issue.

and yeah, i miss Excalibur too [img]frown.gif[/img]

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ May 22, 2002 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Nocturne ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a pretty cool story!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That does sound like a cool story! I will be happy to see Kurt and Kitty together again.

Um, pardon the ignorance, but what's MechaniX? Is this another new X-book? Claremont's doing it? Must be, but WHY? And who's in it, aside from, presumably, Kitty?

RIP Excalibur... *sniff....*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The most recent info that I have is from a site called silverbullet comics , Claremont is working on a new project Called MeKaniX, that has Shadowcat as the main character,it looks like it will be set in chicago and will also involve Karma as a side character.
    Though it doesn't come right out and say it,The series seems like it will be following the more gritty realistic type of story ,like X-Factor and Mutie, but thats just my take on it.
    I am under the impression that if it does well then they will give it a monthly series and its due out in October.
    I'm pretty excited about the thing so far, The prequel story is coming out in X-Men Unlimited #36
    so we dont have long to wait to get a look at it
    Pandora

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah it sounds like a pretty cool story, tho i dunno how well Claremont would handle gritty and realistic... his stories tend to be more grand and full of action/drama. oh well, guess we'll find out soon.

from my take on it is is Kitty and Karma i think *maybe* Dani Moonstar, and they kinda deal with the fact that Kitty (and i suppsoe these otgher guys) while they agree with Xaviers dream to a point, don't agree with how it is being fought for, and they do it in a different way somehow. apparently Mystique will be in it as a villain early on. which is why i am going for the theory she aint dead after being sucked into Abyss. and Nightcrawler will infact meet up with her next issue of Uncanny in Limbo where he and Chamber accidentaly got teleported to. that's my theory. yup.... maybe Havok too. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ May 22, 2002 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Nocturne ]</font>

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ May 22, 2002 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Nocturne ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast