Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by thelonebamf:
    ......I'm so psyched about this movie they could cast Macauly Culkin and I probably wouldn't care.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!
    I know what ya mean LONEBAMF!
    As corny as it sounds I am honestly still in shock. After 2 years of BEAST and GAMBIT rumors, out of all of the other X-characters they could have picked, after an entire fanboy lifetime of screaming about how "underrated, underestimated and underappreciated" Nightcrawler is...... [img]biggrin.gif[/img] !!!

Although we've "known" for weeks now that Kurt made it into X2, for me it hasnt completely soaked in yet. I dont think it'll really hit me until I see my 1st X2 trailer with even a glimpse of you-know-who in it. (At which point the kid in me will probably completely take over in an embarrassing burst of unbridled anticipation, excitement and joy!)

I cant stop smiling when I come here 'cause I know that it has to be just about the same for ALL of us. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I'm rambling, I know, but I cant help it....its such an incredible feeling to literally have a fanboy's lifetime DREAM COME TRUE!

BAMF!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bamf, although I'm one of the ones complaining about Alan Cummings right now, I'm sure the first time they release character shots (or heck even design sketches) I'll be bouncing off the walls with delight again.

I think if they'd started out with Alan Cummings being the most likely choice, I'd be okay with it. But since the rumors were Ethan first it got me thinking about him, going "Yeah, that makes really works!!!" Now that it's Alan Cummings, I'm in kind of a "Huh?!?!?" phase.

It'd be like if they annouced "Gambit will be played by a promising, up and coming young actor", and then they suddenly said "No, wait! We're using Jean Claud VanDam instead."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

YEEESSSSSSS!!!!!! *JOY* *RAPTURE* *ELATION*

(Jumping around the room)

THIS is a dream come true!.I cant wait for the promo picks! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The more I've thought about Alan's casting the more I've been able to see the logic behind it...

It looks like they're going with an Adams/Bachalo/Madureira look for Nightcrawler...they all draw him skinny-as...and Kurt's never been a big, bulking bruiser anyway. If you put Kurt next to Scott and Logan he's obviously more svelte. And James and Hugh are no where near as pumped up as their comicbook counterparts...so they kinda need a skinny Kurt. And Alan's got a stage background (like Hugh...wonder if they'll be any late-night karaoke parties like with Hugh and John on Swordfish)...he's something of a dancer, so he's probably pretty agile...and though skinny, quite well toned...

The looks? Well, yeah...I'd have liked to see someone cuter...but Alan's not a total troll...he's okayish looking...and once they've added the ears and teeth and blue paint...but something has to be done about that hair! Needs more body.

The age thing? Well,he IS 11 years older than the comic Kurt...but I don't see a problem with that...he doesn't look old, he's got a smooth looking face, he's not all wrinkles. He can play younger than he is.

As for the mother/son thing between Kurt and Mystique...they can't really mess with that...they can't suddenly make them brother and sister or something. But it took 30 years for it to come out in the books...my guess...they'll let it slide...won't even mention it. Comic fans know, and the casual viewer will either not care or come to their own conclussions...

I say we give Alan a chance...he may not be our idea of the perfect Kurt...but he'll do a good job...heck...look at all the awards he's won!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"As for the mother/son thing between Kurt and Mystique...they can't really mess with that...they can't suddenly make them brother and sister or something. But it took 30 years for it to come out in the books...my guess...they'll let it slide...won't even mention it. Comic fans know, and the casual viewer will either not care or come to their own conclussions..."

I agree with you there- I think they're really going to have to sweep that one under the rug, I mean they didn't mess with the Rogue-Mystique relationship- so I don't see them even mentioning it in this film. Besides that- Mystique wasn't really developed at all (she had-- one line?) and she looked a lot younger (well- I guess that doesn't matter for a shape shifter- you can be permenantly 29 if you want) but it seemed that she was played a lot younger. I personally- would prefer that they skip it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"People like you are the reason I was afraid to go to school as a child."

Or something like that...

Does that mean she was blue and scaly from birth in the movieverse?

Kurt'd have to be born the way he is...transforming like that at puberty would have killed him..."The pain...the pain...the pain of it all!"

I DID have an idea for a radical look for Kurt if they want to go more radical. You know how people shave designs into their hair? Kurt could do that on his entire body...sorta like reverse temporary tatoos...

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ June 02, 2002 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Nandireya ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whoa, that really would be a pretty radical look for X2 Kurt NADIREYA!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Garble:
    I think if they'd started out with Alan Cummings being the most likely choice, I'd be okay with it. But since the rumors were Ethan first it got me thinking about him, going "Yeah, that really works!!!" Now that it's Alan Cummings, I'm in kind of a "Huh?!?!?" phase.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

GARBLE I know exactly what ya mean! From what I got out of you guys and what i'd seen of his work EMBRY was really, really looking like a great choice for the part. (He even has some gymnastics in his background? How perfect was that!) After getting my hopes up about it, ETHAN not being available for the role was a big letdown.

But the longer I think about it, the more ALAN CUMMINGS is growing on me. Although weve lost someone who is physically closer to how I think Nightcrawler should be, (young and somewhat athletically built) I believe that CUMMINGS is (arguably) the stronger actor. Which may be a very good thing in a 'scene stealing', 'stand out performance' kinda way. I imagine ALAN diligently researching his character as we speak! (Please, please, PUH-LEEZE let him be reading some DAVIS and CLAREMONT/DAVIS Excalibur [img]wink.gif[/img] ! )

Oh and double-ditto DRAGS!

BAMF!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"I DID have an idea for a radical look for Kurt if they want to go more radical. You know how people shave designs into their hair? Kurt could do that on his entire body...sorta like reverse temporary tatoos..."

Ulp. That's interesting. It might end up looking like Darth Maul though.

Well, I've let Alan Cummings and questions about him stew in the back of my head last weekend and I think he'll be fine. Hopefully he'll be great.

His age: He looks a lot younger than 37, so that's not a problem now. Maybe in X3 it will be. As a plus, that means we have adult Kurt, at the same basic age as the X-Men, and not a teenager/potential student. If he joins the team eventually, it would be like Wolverine - he would come into the team as a semi-trained mature adult, like he did in the comics. No big-screen Nightkiddo! Yay!

His size: I doubt he'll be doing the shirtless thing like Logan did, so muscles in his costume like Ian McKellan had would be fine. As for height, I don't know how tall he is but it shouldn't matter. Hugh Jackman is taller than James Marsden, but they used perspective to keep them the same height or with Cyke as taller. Besides, if AC is too tall it may not matter if we get hunched 'Crawler. Kurt's been drawn as standing and walking in a perpetual crouch and upright, so we don't know yet which he'll be.

The accent: If he did Cabaret on Broadway, I have no doubts he can do the accent. His acting credits are impressive, even if he hasn't been in much stateside. I agree that I think they're going with a quirky character for Kurt, and that's great. Hopefully.

His looks: Okay, here's where my personal predjudices come in. I do wish they picked someone cuter. But I think acting ability and making the character sympathetic and likeable is more important than good looks. Let's just hope now that he IS likeable. As I look at him again, he's not that bad. His nose does bother me, but I imagine once he's made up it won't be that noticeable. He's got a cute smile, and if he can make the personality likeable, that's what matters.

In a way, our (myself included) complaining that Alan Cummings is not cute enough is hypocritical. We all say we like Nightcrawler because he *does* look different and because *despite* his looks he has hope. He's the embodiment of Xavier's Dream -- a obvious mutant who's not bitter about humanity's reactions to him and instead fights for a better future. We all need to remember that, and hope the filmmakers do too. Let's cross our fingers now, all six of them. ;^)

Inactive Member Nightcrawler_o63's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

BAMF wrote
    "Although weve lost someone who is physically closer to how I think Nightcrawler should be, (young and somewhat athletically built) I believe that CUMMINGS is (arguably) the stronger actor. Which may be a very good thing in a 'scene stealing', 'stand out performance' kinda way. I imagine ALAN diligently researching his character as we speak! (Please, please, PUH-LEEZE let him be reading some DAVIS and CLAREMONT/DAVIS Excalibur!)"

I couldn't agree more! Alan Cumming is an experienced Actor as Ian McKellen or Patrick Stewart; and as we could see in the first movie, these two stole the show (who can ever forget the first scene between those two?). And that is what Alan Cumming is going to do (or at least CAN do), he can give us some movie moments that we won't ever forget!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah i must admit i am warming up to Cumming. he may not be my ideal physically, but i rented Titus. oh my god, can he act! i jsut hope they do a bit more than mere blue paint [img]smile.gif[/img] you know, give hi a stronger jaw line, pad his suit... [img]tongue.gif[/img] but i now have no doubt he can do the roll, in terms of acting.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast