Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, I wont be around as much...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ow! I gagged just reading that! Sorry, there, Crawler (yet another name change?), I hope you're okay. Or will be soon, anyhoo. I've had the fun of jacked-up knees before. Ugh.

It was a funny story, actually, though it shows off how truly pig ignorant I can be sometimes. I was working at a haunted hayride in college and my part was at the very end after the haycart "breaks down" and the scarees had to walk through a plastic cave. I crouched above the cave exit, decked out in a big bushy wig, a 6-inch rubber tongue and zombie makeup. Just after the first few people came out of the cave I would take a swig of fake blood, scream like a lunatic and JUMP down off the cave. It scared the snot out of people, even though I jumped down off to the side into a cage where nobody could nail me with a punch and I couldn't get to them. I would then growl and pace and drool blood and act all freaky. It was a great effect, but it was also a 5- or 6-feet jump about 10 times a night. So of course the time came when I landed wrong, felt something go POP-RIIIPPP! and screamed for another reason. Stupid me, I thought I was okay (must have been adrenaline or shock) and kept jumping the rest of the night. DUH! The next day I couldn't walk. Six months in a brace, and it's still not right. Knees suck.

Garble said: "I wouldn't have had the presence of mind to pop it back. I'd have just stared at it..."

Amen to that! Stared and gagged and probably passed out. I'm the biggest weenie when it comes to that stuff.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yikes! get well soon (well, if that's what you want [img]wink.gif[/img] ). Just rest and take care of that knee, ok?

Oh, yeah, and the puking and fight or flight theory, if I may be allowed to rant and rave, (please, I'm sorry, I have an urge to do this)here it goes: maybe the puking is a "defense mechanism initiated to drive away danger" (since 'flight' might not be an option if the puking is triggered). Or the rest of your body needs energy and is stressed out, so worrying about beginning to digest your last donut is the least of your concerns. Or the stress and shock at the sight of the whole ordeal just makes you wanna puke. [Puking though is just one of the many reactions possible. In my case, I just get lightheaded, but no puking response (then again, I could be defective...)] ... end of rant (Thank you all very, very much for the therapy [img]biggrin.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote (cuz I hate the way the quote thingy looks):
    "Bamfkat, you broke your back?? oh ouch for you too, that musta hurt, hope you made a full recovery..."

Thanks Nocturne, I recovered fully. Pretty amazing really, I fell 13 feet and only fractured my L-1 Vertebrae. I was lucky. I love physical therapy.

BamfKat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    aaaaaauch!!! BamfKat!! i hope you're ok i didn't know that! you'll be fine! just think on witches with big ..... hehehehehe

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ooooooouuuchh!!!!

Get well soon Fearless Leader!

BAMF!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, all!

Oh, and as to the "lightheadedness"...I kept blacking out...almost passed out a couple times when it first happened.

Inactive Member NightcrawlersLove's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I remember a time when i dislocated my shoulder...hurt like he double l..lol.twasnt fun love couldnt write or draw.lucky u still have that! almost cused out the nurse beacuse she couldn't find a vein in my arm to put the iv in..she tried like 3 times.....no wonder i hate doctors and hospitals.....recover love take care and stay off that leg!!! [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12