Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just borrowed some Olbas Oil off a co-worker to put on a tissue and hold over my nose. I don't have a cold, I just need something to overpower the stench.

It's amazing - almost biblical.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I came back from lunch early today, and the office was still pretty empty. The Italian woman who works here was showing someone some things on the internet (from what I could see) and every now and again she'd quietly sing him a song.

I didn't recognise the song, but listening to her was a very nice moment and it made me happy.

Today is her last day. She's going back to Italy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is she attractive? Might she be interested in a nice little girl from Rome? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If she isn't, I would be. [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Most of my coworkers are pretty cool (I'm now a kind of utility infielder at an arts and crafts store. Pizza place sucked to work at) but there's an FES (front end supervisor) who can be a pain. On the days I have a register I have to report to her, and have her schedule my breaks so the registers are covered. Fine by me, makes sense, but she tells me I can't have a break at a certain time because it's too busy, then I see she's scheduled herself at that time...

Also, when I'm a back-up cashier, she will not understand that I'm BACK-UP. I have other duties. She'll call me up front and ask me to do go-backs (return stuff brought to the registers, but not bought) which is the cashier's job. Never mind we have a warehouse full of stuff that needs to be put on the floor and that it's my job to put it there, she needs her go-backs done. My favorite is when I told her the managers want me stocking so I can't do go-backs, then she told me to get on a register so another cashier could do go-backs. Talk about a lack of clue...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by 3peanuts:
    Is she attractive? Might she be interested in a nice little girl from Rome? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Comic sans ms, Helvetica, sans-serif">She is (was) attractive. She's from Rimini, as I recall. Studying Politics.

Today I have a headache, and I've been told I have to move out in two weeks, so I have to start looking for somewhere new. Uffa.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, this is interesting. Seems like over the last week and a bit, I've been shut out of some of the office's social gatherings (ie, in the pub, after work). I simply haven't been invited. What I think has happened (and I suppose I could ask, but who the hell cares) is that about four months ago I asked out this woman at work. She said no, since office romances were a bad idea, etc. Recently she's been going out with this other guy from work, so I'm guessing she feels awkward about being with him while I'm around. Maybe she thinks I'll make a scene. To be honest I don't mind. She must have asked the others not to invite me, though.

So, no more after-work drinks for me, which I suppose I can live with, but it's a little awkward. I still go to the pub at lunch, and it's clear that they can't really talk about what happened the previous night with me there, since I think we're all pretending that nothing's going on. I guess I could ask, but the idea of complaining because people don't want you around any more seems a bit weird.

Funny how I've been complaining about people here, and now I've found myself out of the loop with these other people. Karma.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And another thing!

It'll be someone's birthday soon, a woman who I like and I have a lot of time for, and the card went round the office for everyone to sign. I was one of the first to sign and I did a little drawing in the corner and a quick message. Then I saw it again once it had been around the office: only about six people had signed it! Bizarre.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I recently found out about not being invited either.

Looks like my coworkers go out together pretty often, never inviting me.

The only few times I've been invited it was cause somebody let the thing slip when I was there.

I can live without. It's just history repeating. I still try to understand why, like when I was little. I cannot see anything wrong with me. So much I don't fit their requirements to go out together.

I'm rather pissed to be true, and it just adds itself to the heaps of depression motives already piling up like a stone on my heart.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's weird, isn't it? And I'm sure it's down to this woman. I went to the pub this lunch, and she wasn't there, and everything was cool. We all chatted and joked and stuff. (btw, 3p, I'd always invite you to the pub.)

On the plus side, work is putting on free Japanese lessons, and I'm going to my first tomorrow.

*am happy*

Oh, and between trying to turn off the ultra-ugly smilies, and deleting "edited" messages, this is now the fourth time I've edited this otherwise perfectly simple message. Bah!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 07, 2006 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Ersby ]</font>