Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just a note to say that today is the first day that the Austrian woman initiated a conversation with me since the Xmas party two weeks ago.

Boy, she can hold a grudge.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, me and the Austrian gal are pretty much cool now.

Anyway, this lunchtime I went to the pub as usual, and one of the women regulars from the office was looking a bit more rosy cheeked with a gleam in her eyes, so I was about to tell her how good she was looking. Then I thought, I'd better not. It'd be a bit weird.

Then, as we got talking, turns out she was feeling ill, had hot flushes and her eyes were watering.

I'm glad I didn't say anything. I'm sure that complimenting a woman on her looks when she feels awful is A Bad Thing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lol! Oh yeah, you'd have been in the doghouse for sure.

Ersby: Hey, you look great!
    Woman: Blech!
    Ersby: I'll go get a mop!

Silence is the better part of wisdom.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The guy who sits next to me has new wallpaper on his computer - a picture of a surfer coming up to a wave and there's the silhouette of a shark visible in the wave. People keep asking him if it's real. At the start of the day he said "I don't know" and now he's saying "I don't think so". A neat example of how other people expressing doubt can make you doubt things yourself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Today they're arranging a new seating plan. The Austrian woman is being move somewhere else. This bothers me, not just because we won't be together any more, but also because I kind of wanted to move myself. Some new scenery, meet different people. That kind of thing.

And I already know the person who's coming in her place, so that's not very exciting. The new person is also a woman, and when she told me that she'd be replacing the Austrian I think she was a little offended at how unenthused I was.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The surfer & shark pictures are so obviously photoshopped, it's strange that anyone would think they're genuine.
    Musical desks, lol!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The guy who stinks is really going for it today. It's barely nine o'clock and I've already had to ask somone if I could borrow some decongestant ointment type stuff so I can put it on a tissue and hold it over my nose!

In other news, I spoke to one of the statuesque French women. She's a big fan of Japanese culture, so that's at least one thing we've got in common. That's nice.

I hope she doesn't come to my desk and continue the conversation, though, in case she thinks that smell is me!

(Edited to add: I have to hold my breath if I type, because I have to put the tissue down. This is going to be a... challenging day.)

(Further edited to add: as a consequence, I've discovered I can hold my breath for barely thirty seconds. I'm disappointed in myself.)

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 09, 2007 04:49 AM: Message edited by: Ersby ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By the way, remember that pool competition I mentioned? Well, I'm presently first in my division after four games. Go me!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Today, the mega-boobed coworker I share the room with is wearing a necklace with a pendant that leads my stare directly between her breasts...

Now this is going to be a hard day.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Greek woman I sit opposite is leaving on the 9th Feb. Apparently some other people are leaving, too, but I don't know who. It's all change. I've only been away for two days.